Sunday, May 18, 2008

Zach's Story

A year ago today we had our first IUI, the second one was tomorrow. One of which created Zachary! The story began with us using a different RE, we will call him DrMcYucky. We had been with him for about six months and for various different delays, only did two injectible cycles with him, both of which were cancelled before we even got to the IUI point. The first cycle was cancelled due to me not responding well enough to the meds, and the second one for my testo being too high. Both extremely disappointing and frustrating as we had paid all the money out of pocket for blood work, ultrasounds and medicine without getting to the point where we could do an IUI and have hopes of making a baby! So after the second failed cycle, we decided to go for a 2nd opinion and never called DrMcYucky's office back again.

We went to see Dr Gill who validated that he didn't like our first offices procedures and reasoning for cancelling either. He also felt he could get us pregnant, just not sure how long it may take. The plan was for us to call him when I started my next cycle and we would go from there. We waited and waited and when nothing still had happened. I put off calling for a few days and then finally after some prodding from some friends, I called. He wanted me to come back in and take a look to see what was going on. It was my mom's birthday and for some reason too I had the day off. I went to the appointment, actually even discussed moving to IVF over the summer after my brother's wedding. We did an ultrasound and saw what looked like a mature follicle, something I hadn't seen before. Did some blood work and they said they would be in touch with a plan. I remember calling my mom crying to tell her about the appointment and the possibility of invitro. Then I headed out to surprise her for lunch. While we were at lunch, I got a phone call from the nurse telling me that indeed, it was a mature egg and we had two choices: 1) come in tomorrow for an IUI or 2) give it a try on our own. I called Becky before I called Matt to ask her what she would do? Its not cheap but since we had never gotten to this point before, and now here we were, and the option was finally there...should we go for it? She agreed that this was just too coincidental, and to go for it. She said she had a good feeling. I called Matt and he agreed. The next day, it was a Friday, I went in for my first IUI. Matt couldn't be there for the procedure since we were both working and I remember laying there and talking to God and asking Him for this to please be it! I talked to Rachel too and asked her to put in a good word for us with The Big Man and remind him we would be good parents! The next morning Matt and I went in together for the 2nd IUI. We were like excited kids, there was finally a possibility!! I read Hannah's prayer in the Bible and prayed that it was our turn to be blessed.

Well you know what happened....It was indeed time. Two weeks later we found out I was finally expecting our little miracle. Even Dr. Gill remarked on how random this quick chain of events was and that God definitely had been watching over us. We couldn't agree more.

So here we are, one year later from the beginning of it all. What a difference a year makes! We are so blessed and so in love with our little miracle. Zach amazes me every day and I couldn't be more in love than I am with him! Thanks to all who have shared in our journey so far...I can't wait to see what else we have in store!! :)

Sorry for the novel post, just wanted to get it all down. Exciting to see where things have gone from where they had been!

PS-I put together the exersaucer. Woohoo! Although I could see my future...I will be putting the toys together for all birthdays and Christmases to come!

1 comment:

  1. I love that story, I have heard it in pieces, but never altogether like that!!! And it definitely sounds like divine intervention!!

    And the twinnies got their first teeth at 6 months although Drew's could be seen under his gums at 4.5months, they just took forever to come through.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html