Sunday, May 18, 2008

RoseMary's Grand-daughter

That song always reminds me of Rachel and Al. It was one of their favs which turned into one of my favs. Rach was always ahead of the curve on songs. The only songs I ever knew that were cool before Rachel did were Chumbawumba's Tubthumping and Semisonic's Closing Time (this was the main one I found before Rachel did and we both LOVED it). Anyway, tonight I was planning to go to Allison's to hang out while Matt was at a friend's birthday party. Just as I had finished feeding Zach and starting to pack his bag, he started freaking out....for no reason. Fed? Check! Burped? Check! Diaper Change? Check. I tried to soothe him for about 20 minutes and he calmed some but figured I would give the car a try and see if that wouldn't do the trick. Texted Al to say I was on my way and if Zach hadn't calmed by the time I was there I would just turn around. Justin was having some of his fellas over for poker and unlike our crew, they only have one baby in their group so far so I didn't want to be a buzz kill with a screaming child.

So back to the story...Zach is still screaming in the car halfway to Al's and then all of a sudden "Rosemary's grand-daughter" came on. I looked in the rear view mirror and he just stopped crying all of a sudden?! I hadn't heard this song in ages and had just added this new XM station that it came on to my Favs today. When it came on and I was singing,
"I am rosemary's granddaughter
The spinning image of my father
And when the day is done my mamma's still my BIGGEST FAN
sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
but i got friends that love me
and they know just where I stand
it's all a part of me that's who I am!"
ZMan just stopped crying! I sent a text telling Al and she replied, "Thanks Rach!" I concur, that's exactly what I was thinking. I know my friend was back there comforting my little man .

I'll post more on this tomorrow....too much for one post. Tomorrow is 1 year from my IUI, also known as Zach's conception. On that day I also felt the presence of my friend, Rach. I truly believe she is a guardian angel to me and Zachary and all my "sisters". I wish she was here every day. I often talk to her and ask her to visit me...and today she did. I reflected on Rachel a lot on Mother's Day too...and although you were never given the chance to be a mommy here on this Earth, Rach, I know you are watching over some very special babies in Heaven and also ours here with us. I miss you friend, thanks for the visit today. I love you and miss you always!

1 comment:

  1. The other day I was driving to book club, I had a very special moment.I heard many great songs that reminded me of Rachel. I heard one song, by No Doubt (I'm Just a Girl)...and then when that was over, I changed stations,(to 97.1) and heard another song that reminded me of Rachel and Alla... (The Devil Went Down to Georgia).. AND then after that, 9 to 5 came on!!! I knew at that moment Rachel was there. The moment made me smile. I sang the song really loud :) After that song was over there was a commercial, so I turned down the radio and started playing the memory game.. thinking about all the times we all had together.. Even though Rachel and I weren't very close, and didn't see each other very often, she holds a special place in my heart and I think of her often.

    OK. this is where I really know Rachel was there.
    After the commercials were over, I turned the volume up, and I kid you not... the song "What a Difference you Made in My Life" (Ronnie Millsap) came on!! I had chills! I smiled a little and then got a little teary eyed. I wish everyone who knew Rachel was in the car with me to experience that moment! It was so special!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html