Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yaaaaawwwwnnnnnn!!!!!!

Well that was not a fun night! We are still working on the whole bed time routine thing and trying to figure out while the past four or five nights Z has decided to wake up between 4 and 430?!? Last night, after talking with the Ginster who's pedi told them NOT to wake up baby for a feeding cause it interrupts their REM sleep, we decided to try that theory out. I figured, OK, so we will split the difference and maybe wake up at 2am and then not again till 7 or so. It started off that way. I woke up at 130 to some whimpering. In hindsight, maybe I should have waited to see if he really woke up, but I had already made the bottle. So he ate and never really woke up and i was back in bed around 2ish. Not too bad, I thought! I was looking forward to my next 5 hours of sleep! But Z had other plans....and I was woken up at 430 to crying...which turned to SCREAMING! Apparently my bottle making skills were NOT fast enough to satisfy the beast! The weirdest part of the whole thing is usually Zach isn't even a screamer for these early feeds. But this was LOUD! Enough so that Matt actually woke up and I don't think that's happened since week 1! (I sent him back to bed of course since 2 people cant feed a crying baby!) So he ate and immediately went right back to sleep.......if only I could. I think I was up for another 30 minutes wondering how I would function at work after a night like this??

So here we are. He was up at 730 and we are eating again at 830. I feel like I have a newborn again as far as sleeping goes! We are going to visit daycare this morning so we might as well stay up and get moving....figured it would be nice to be showered and clean at least, even if I am half asleep, wish us luck!!

3 comments:

  1. homegirl, you will figure it out. remember he is still a wee little baby and on his schedule and no one else's. miss paige decided to surprise me and sleep all night last night. i am no fool to think she is going to sleep all night tonight. babies do whatever they please - remember we are but mere slaves to their every demand. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, you are so right....but i do wonder why the change all of a sudden when he was been all about 6am for the last 6 weeks? Must be a growth spurt ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa...yeah my thought as I read this was "growth spurt?" Especially with the uncharacteristic screaming! You WILL figure it out, I promise. Its all trial and error. :) You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html