Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Daycare visit

It was fine. His main teacher is Miss Juanita, she has been there for 5 years and seems very nice and sweet. The other one is Miss Dorothy. She is a retired teacher, very grandmotherly. There is only one other little one Z's age in his class so hopefully that means he will get lots of love and care since the older ones can do a lot more on their own. I was there for feeding, and diapering, and putting down for naps and it was all going quite smoothly. The kiddos had just come in from a buggy ride when I got there and all seemed very happy! But I got in the car and cried when we left. It's not that I am worried about the care that Zach will receive there, cause I think it will be good....its just that it wont be me doing the caring all the time. And that makes me sad. I am honestly surprised by my reaction. I really thought I would be okay. And perhaps I will, just takes some adjusting. Next week I will leave Z for a little each day and by Thursday will have him there for almost a full day. That way, come the 27th, it wont be complete meltdown for me. So there you have it. I cannot believe 3 months have come and gone and that its time for me to go back to work already. I just hope I can still do it!

3 comments:

  1. ohhhhh you are gonna make me cry! hope next week goes smooth. i think it is a good idea to slowly ease into it, after all, you've had 3 months of him all to yourself! praying for the transition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you, sweet friend!! Hang in there, you'll make it. I've heard its super hard the first week but gets much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((( hugs ))))) I know it's hard, I had the exact same reaction. When the day care teacher emails us pictures of him having fun, it makes me feel good to some extent, but it also makes me sad that I'm not the one playing with him! It will be really hard the first day, you'll cry, but it will get easier. It will make your time with him all the more special.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html