Tuesday, May 20, 2008

First Drop off

Today was Zach's first time at daycare by himself. I knew we needed to get this done sometime before I went back to work as to not appear like a crazy crying woman next Tuesday at the office. My plan was to get Z there and go grocery shopping afterwards. My friend Kerri must have been psychic today as she knew I needed someone to go to lunch with today. So after dropping Z off with his many bags of stuff (he over packs just like his mommy), I headed to meet Kerri. Of course I cried when I left Zach but thankfully he was smiling so that made it a little easier. Anyway, Kerri and I had Pei Wei and she listened to my ramblings. Then I got the grocery shopping done and was headed to get my nails done only to find out they were way too busy. So I opted for a little shopping instead. And then it was 3pm and I decided that 4 hours away was long enough!

When I got in to pick him up, he was chilling in the boppy having just finished his bottle....and gave me the BIGGEST grin ever when he saw me!! He took his afternoon nap there as well and went on his first buggy ride! The ladies said he was great and the only time he even fussed was when he was hungry. I laughed, cause that's just what he does. He lets you know when he is HUNGRY and ready to eat! :) So all in all, sounds like he did good. We came home and had snuggle and play time before it was time for his last cat nap for the day.

Tomorrow I will drop him for closer to the whole day while I get my hair done, etc. I wanted to experience a whole day away before it happened at the office. Wish me luck.

Anyway, we survived and I pray it gets easier as time goes by! Now off to cuddle my sleeping boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html