Friday, May 9, 2008

Big Night....

So tonight Matt and I decided we needed a night on our own...part of the Mother's Day weekend! My mom was thankfully more than willing to come babysit. She is so great about that, thank you Mom! I know her and Z are going to have a really special bond because they get to see each other so often. So anyway, we went to Ruth Chris steakhouse and it was delicious! Its one of Matt and I's things to try out the different steak houses in Houston and there are some good ones. The last one was Pappa's the week before Zach was born! :) Anyway, I give RC an A! The steak was wonderful as was the service and ambiance. The sides and salads were good but nothing extra special. Anyway, overall it was really good.

Back to Zach. After talking to Ginny on Thursday, she inspired me to try Z out in the crib at night. Paige, his gal pal who only likes to sleep when being held slept in her crib this week, and she is 6weeks younger! SO........I asked mom to put Z down in his crib tonight after the last bottle. I did have to laugh, when I went in to check on him when we got home, he had on different jammies! Mom decided he was too hot in his usual jammies so she put him in an Astros romper....I don't buy it, she just wanted him to be in his 'stros outfit! But he is still sleeping soundly so we shall see how it goes! :)

Today we went to visit Katie and Becky. Zach cried both ways in the car but was quite the ham while he was there. He was flirting with Becky and Katie! He took a cat nap on Katie's gymini gym and we got some cute pics of them together too. Not easy to get a 3 and 9 month old to cooperate at the same time! I think they had fun but Becky and I probably had more fun just catching up. Thanks for the visit, Becky!They were actually smiling in this one at the same time but we couldnt quite capture it on time!
I think me and Becky were having more fun than the kids were, they had us cracking up!

Auntie Becky loaned us her Bumbo, we used it again at home and he likes it! Thanks B!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html