Monday, May 12, 2008

Bedtime routine!

Well, we are trying another first tonight...the bedtime routine! I know, I know, probably should have done it long ago. But hey, my kid was sleeping through the night basically at 6 weeks so I had no need to complain. He was always sleeping, but it was just either downstairs on the couch with us or in his swing. The last 4 mornings though, he has been waking up at like 4am though and that's not cool. As I said before, there is just something inhumane about waking up at 4am! So on the advice from a friend and also from some reading, I read that his early wake-ups could be actually from not getting enough sleep!?! I know, weird, doesn't totally make sense to me, but hey, I am willing to try whatever.

Tonight we had our bottle at 6:30pm, then played for awhile and then at 8 we went upstairs for bath time. Had a nice bed, then into the nursery with the dimmed lights to read a couple of books. He started fussing so I was thinking,"Great, this is not going to work" I was up walking with him and he quieted down and hollered at Matt to please bring me a binkie. Since he was quiet, decided to just lay him down and turn on the mobile. He stared at the mobile but was quiet so we backed out.......I figured I would hear crying when the mobile ended. 15 minutes later, still nothing. I went upstairs to check, and he was out cold! My big boy is growing up! We will get him up for one last bottle and see what happens from there! :-) So proud of my Zachary!

1 comment:

  1. how is it going? still waking up at 4? i'll try and call sometime today and do some more chatting. so good to have our regular chats - just like when i was in law school and would call you every day at work! good times, good times...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html