Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday

Today has been a busy day and I'm tired. Z man woke up at 4am again but I went in there and popped the paci in (he had eaten at like 1130pm, should not be hungry) and curled up in the recliner thinking he would be up for real shortly....but he surprised me and actually went back to sleep till about 545! Then we were up again at 7am to make sure we didn't miss The New Kids on the Block on the Today Show! The were not very good but seeing them sing the old songs and all these women going crazy, it was worth staying up. But what was up with the terrible back up dancers? And I don't think Jonathan Knight really wanted to be there. The rest of them look like they were enjoying reliving their glory days!

I also got a nice puke on me too...we were snuggling and he spit up....ALL DOWN the inside of my shirt, right down the middle of the chest. Nice. And in the hair too. I have crusty tips as Ginny would say. Definitely would need to shower before I left the house.

During one of Z's naps I went through his drawers...time to pack away the newborn clothes! Delusionally, I tried to make some of them fit in my head, but there was no way they would fit in real life. I was sad to put them up but they were taking up space and definitely not being used. My little guy isn't a baby anymore. And on that note, he has been talking up a storm today. I love our little "conversations"!

After putting away the baby clothes, I decided I would put together his exersaucer, figured I could do that in a few minutes. Boy was I wrong. There are like a zallion pieces, and I am not exaggerating. If I hadn't left my camera at Jenny's, I would take a picture. There is stuff all over the floor because I got stuck on like step 2. Goodness. Should it really be this hard? I would pay someone to do it!

So, that's been our day so far. Actually a good one, Z and I have had fun. OH...I also took off my bumpers in the crib. I have caught Z with his face smushed up in the corners and it scared me. But today while he was napping and I was sorting clothes, his leg was hanging out between the slats. So should i put the bumpers back up??? Any suggestions???

Anyway, I am pretty much on my own with Z this weekend, Matt has other plans. I will enjoy our time together...and hopefully get this damn exersaucer put together by Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. if you wait until next weekend, i will put the exersaucer together! i am the putter togther in this household and so love doing it. good times. can't wait to see you and love that you have crusty tips too. i still didn't shower until the next day...so very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im the putter together-er in this house too....but seriosly, a zallion pieces!! i may take you up on your help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can get breathable bumpers at BRU or maybe online at Target. Jacob and Mia had them for awhile for the same reason. Hope that helps! And I didn't put together our exersaucer...my friend did! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html