Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Witching Hour....

Such a strange phenomenon...I had never even heard of such a thing until today! I had mentioned how Zach was fussy around the time Matt gets home from work and my two TWW friends both mentioned the "witching hour". What is this I wondered so of course I did what all kids our age do...I googled it! Apparently almost ALL babies are fussy during this hour! Matt even googled it too after he read one of the comments and then quizzed old pro parents at his office...they all agreed the witching hour exists too! So tonight we tried to combat it!! We tried the first example first...feeding! I think Zach did what they call "Cluster feeding", nursed on and off for like a couple hours straight. Calmed down enough to sleep and then woke up JUST in time for the pizza man to arrive (who by the way congratulated us on our big boy thanks to the stork!! :) ) Then we had some swing time...and now he is having some Zach and daddy time swaying in the living room. Good times!!

Anyway, had a nice day today. My friend Kerri came and brought me some lunch. It was nice to have some adult time! I miss her! And tonight I went outside of the house to walk Esther-lou. My baby girl has been a bit melancholy. Kerri was sweet too...she brought Esther presents instead cause she knew she has been having a tough time.

Then tomorrow, Ashley is coming by with the baby scale for me, Jen &Rox are coming for lunch, and the Estes for dinner. Wow, we have a busy day! Mom and Dad will come by Saturday to relieve Matt and I momentarily. We may go get dinner together! WOOHOO!

And per request, we now have a link to the smugmug site on the right for your easy viewing access! We will say goodnight with a couple pics! ENJOY!



HOLY CRAP-spell check is FINALLY working again! WOOHOO!

3 comments:

  1. i just can't believe how cute he is!! i need to come visit him soon! we missed you tonight at book club... just wasn't the same!
    enjoy your day tomorrow.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie!

    On the witching hour, if you get the chance either read (or get the DVD, who has time to read with a newborn) The Happiest Baby on the Block, it's great for calming a fussy baby in the first 3 months! I especially love the swaddling and shushing techniques

    You are doing a FANTASTIC JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good LORD!!!!!!!!!!! thank you, blogger, for finally fixing spell check. i was about to scream that it was down for so long!

    see you in a week! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html