Thursday, February 28, 2008

Doctor Update!

Z Man had his 2 week doctor appointment today and all is well! Zach was a great little boy (not that I am surprised!) and hardly fussed at all while we were there except for a quick squeal during the heel prick. He was far more behaved than the baby down the hall who was screaming like a banchee!! He is weighing in at 8lbs and measuring 21 inches long....50% weight, 35% height, and head is 60% percentile! So, he is pretty "average" at this point! I was a little surprised he wasn't longer but he always has his legs all scrunched and the height measurement isn't very scientific.
1) lay baby on table with paper,
2) stretch baby's legs as you can,
3) mark a line with pen at head and feet and
4) measure.
You can see how there could be some room for error in there! ;-) But I digress, the kid has huge hands and feet, he will grow into them. Even the lady sitting next to us in the waiting room commented on his hands! She said he could be a piano player...I said, how about a basketball player?! :) The pics don't even do him justice!

Doc felt good about his weight gain too and I'm a little more relaxed about what he is intaking from me. maybe he is getting more than I thought since he only gets about 2-3 formula bottles a day. So, we shall continue on and see how he does and keep weighing him along the way. His next appointment is April 15 for 2 months, Tax Day! (which we need to do!) Oh, and Z's cord stump fell off yesterday too. Woohoo!

Last note, I am finally an iPod owner. Mom won one and gave it to me so I am going to be hip and use it. I need help starting my playlists! I want 2 specific lists right now...a) songs about babies and/or being a parent (got a good start on this one, we have a list on Matt's) and b) songs that remind me of things/people! Feel free to chime in!

Ok, I think that's it for now. Hope all is well in your world. Tomorrow is Friday. I need to head to the grocery store to get my food for the MinGin's shower! This will be a big outing. Wish us luck! We have a busy weekend...grocery shopping, Mini Ginny's shower, and Caroline's baptism. I hope we survive!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! You go Mom!! You are giving him the good stuff and he is growing well. You're awesome!! Jayden was 7 pounds at 2 weeks I think. :) They actually have a measuring thing at our doc's office..much more scientific. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html