Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy 1 week Zach!!!

Oh my goodness...my son is a WEEK old today! Wow, already I cannot imagine my life without him? Last week at this time we were hanging out in the room with a couple of the girls still. My baby has grown so much already! I swear, I could just stare at him all day. He is so precious to me. I love him with all my heart and peices of it I never knew existed. And I love how Matt loves him too. I will hear Matt from upstairs singing to Zach or just talking to him, its the most attractive thing ever! He is such a great father already and I just know he will have a great relationship with his son because he had that with his father and its really important to him. I look forward to watching it grow through the years!

Anyway, things are going really well. Still working on the whole BF thing. Pumping 8-10 times a day but still only getting about 2-4oz total today...not enough to sustain a growing boy! So, Zach gets a couple of good breast milk feedings a day from these bottles we got called 'BreastFlow'. They most resemble the breast so that if and when we get my supply up, Zach wont be used to the quick flow that traditional bottles offer. They are slow and he has to work for it! I'm drinking my tea too and had a call into my OB for the reglan prescription. My nurse called me back asap and I was super impressed...but when I called Walgreens at 3:30...they still had not received the prescription.....GRRR. I shall harrass more tomorrow. I am so very curious if this will help. If not, on to try to fenugreek.

Other than that continuing issue...we are great! I am feeling good and my son is doing great! He is such a good baby, seriously. He fusses only when it is highly warranted, I am so proud. Praying this continues.

Had a good day of phone calls yesterday and today. My sweet friend Erika called yesterday from Phoenix to check in on us. I miss her and it was so nice to catch up! And then today, I had a call from our pastor, Dr Wende to congratulate us on Zach's arrival. He has been praying for Matt and I all the way from the beginning of trying, the entire pregnancy and now he will continue through Zach's life. He is such a cool guy and I appreciated the personal phone call. And speaking of personal calls.....the pediatrician we saw on our emergency visit on Thursday called today to check on us! OK, I am sold! Yes, the actual doctor, not the nurse or anything, called to see how Zach and I were doing. Talk about bedside manners! So, even though she wasnt the doc I had chosen originally (this one day shares with the one we "picked" but that one didnt work Thursdays so we saw Dr. Assef instead), she will be now! I am super impressed! We go back on the 28th for 2 week check up.

Ok, I have rambled enough. Happy birthday again to my sweet boy...time for another meal for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html