Wednesday, February 27, 2008

So somehow today Kerri and I started talking about songs (I think it started with my rodeo dilemma) and she told me about these 2 great songs about being a parent that I had to hear. The first is George Strait's new song...I love it. And the other one is Mark Wills from some years back. Anyway, I got those hormones a goin so I picked up my son and held him tight as I listened to these 2 great songs! Check em out, you will want to hug your child or pat your belly if he/she isn't here just quite yet!
http://countrymusic.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=countrymusic&cdn=entertainment&tm=3&gps=64_62_1020_543&f=10&su=p504.1.336.ip_&tt=2&bt=1&bts=1&zu=http%3A//www.umgnashville.com/artist/releases/release.aspx%3Fpid%3D1552%26aid%3D8
I Saw God Today- George Strait
Just walked down the street to the coffee shop, Had to take a break
I've been by her side for 18 hours straight
Saw a flower growing in the middle of a sidewalk Pushing up through the concrete
Like it was planted right there for me to see
The flashing lights, the honking horns, All seemed to fade away
In the shadow of that hospital at 5:08, I saw God today.

Chorus:I've been to church, I've read the book
I know he's here but I don't look
Near as often as I should (Yeah I know I should)
His fingerprints are everywhere
I just slowed down to stop and stare
Opened my eyes and man I swear, I saw God today.

Saw a couple walking by,
They were holding hands, Man she had that glow
Yeah I couldn't help but notice she was starting to show
Stood there for a minute taking in the sky
Lost in that sunset, A splash of amber melted into shades of red.

Chorus

Got my face pressed up against the nursery glass
She's sleeping like a rock , My name on her wrist wearing tiny pink socks
She's got my nose, she's got her mamas eyes
My brand new baby girl , She's a miracle
I saw God today...


In My Arms
Written By: Mark Wills, Monty Criswell & Michael White
Three a.m. on the clock,
Lullaby, music box
Oh, baby please don't cry, Let's let mama sleep tonight
You've only been home one day, You don't even know your name
Tiny hand on my cheek, You're a miracle to me
In the stillness of the night, Cradled in this rocking chair
I hold all my hopes and dreams, Every single answered prayer

Chorus:In my arms
Wish I could hold you forever
In my arms, I will give you shelter
Still I know I can't always be there
To protect you from this great big old world
But I swear this much is true
There'll always be a place for you...in my arms

As I watch you take each breathe , Oh, it scares me to death
To know you're counting on me To be the daddy that you need
Wounded knees, broken hearts, Learning how to drive a car
When it's time for you first date Will I know just what to say
And when you find that one true love, I'll put on my best smile
And I'll try to hide my tears As I walk you down the aisle

Repeat Chorus (Twice)

Oh, this promise I will keep, As you finally fall asleep....in my arms ...

So...are you crying yet????? ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I heard that G Strait song last week, it was great! Thanks for sharing these, I have a list of songs here in my desk that I plan to put in her video, so these have been added! "She's somebody's hero", I think that is by Martina McBride and "Elliana" by Watermark are also great songs for anyone who has has or is about to have a daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, we have a file of songs for the same reason,rox!! we should compare! matt just found another by tracy lawrence called "till i was a daddy too" about a father and a son. not too many mommy/son songs but i like the dixie chicks "godspeed" lullaby!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html