Sunday, February 10, 2008

T minus 2 hours....

I cannot believe that today is actually here. In less than 2 hours, we are leaving the house the last time as just me and Matt....and the next time we pull into our driveway, we will be a family of 3!

I am excited, nervous, scared, anxious and a million other emotions all at the same time. Mostly, I am just ready to hold my son and know he is safe and healthy. I am not so nervous about labor and delivery because I know that one way or another I will get through that part. More nervous just about Zach and praying that he is born healthy and safe!

Since we are doing a scheduled induction, my aunt Peggy was able to come into town and she will be our labor coach. That gives Matt and I both a huge sense of relief. She is a labor % delivery nurse in Longview so it will be nice to know that we have someone on our side who knows what's going on!!

Mom and Aunt Peggy will come to the hospital tomorrow morning around 6am when they start the pitocin and break my water. Dad will come in a 2nd car probably around 9am when Dan and Manda plan to arrive in Houston. If all goes as planned, we hope to have our son here late afternoon early evening! I am still praying a little that the cervidil tonight gets things going and perhaps we could have him much sooner but I am sure that is wishful thinking! Donna called to check in and wish us love and luck too. She is going to come in a couple of weeks to stay with us after things calm down a bit since she lives in Abilene....so she and Julie will be first on the list to call since they couldnt be here.

Just want to say thank you to everyone for the phone calls, texts and emails over the last couple of days....and all the prayers over the last 9+ months! You all are so special to us and we thank you for all your love and support! We will update you as soon as we can!!!

3 comments:

  1. good luck, my friend! can't wait to see the first pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to meet this liitle man!! You are about to experience the most wonderful thing and just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Happy birthday to your little man! Congrats on 9 healthy and happy months, now comes the best part...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html