Saturday, January 3, 2009

I have the Monday blues....

And its not even Sunday yet.  I Do Not want to go to work on Monday!  Not just cause its a Monday, just because I don't want to go back at all!  WAH!  I have been so spoiled over this last week and a half and have loved being at home with Zach.  We have a routine and just having a good time.  Even if I do spend 12 hours chasing after a toddler (yes, we are walking everywhere now.  Today we circled the whole house without falling down once!), I have loved this short break at home.  Monday is not going to be an easy day for any of us.  Z did go into school a couple hours on a couple days this week just cause we didn't want to totally break his routine and it allowed us to get some much needed chores done too but I am sure a full day will be different.  Thinking when it is review time I may approach the subject of part time and see if there is anything we could do.  I am totally open and flexible to any option!  Half days, 3-4 days a week, working some from home, whatever they would be willing to do!!  I have NO clue if they would go for any of this due to the nature of the business, but it can't hurt to ask right?  We shall see.  


What else!  On a happier note we had a great NYE!  It was a small group due to people being out of town, babies being born, etc etc etc.  But we had a wonderful sit down dinner for 8 after the kids were all nestled down in bed.  Good food, good wine, good friends, good times!  We wondered how it would be in years to come with new babes in the mix but all vowed to do what we could to continue to get together!!  We really do cherish our times spent with friends!

For the first time in a long time too....no one is pregnant currently in book club!  Or not that we know of! ;-)  So who will be next!  We thought there would be 3 babies possibly born in 2009 (Sam, Lilly, and Dylan) but all decided 2008 would be cooler.  So what will 2009 bring??

We also bought office furniture this week and it will be delivered on Tuesday!  So now the house is basically finished for now, at least for the big stuff. We are STILL waiting on our custom stuff that we ordered in SEPTEMBER from Primitives!  Man, I hope it is here by Zach's birthday party in February!!  It is over a month late already!!!  ARGH.

Only other thing is Zach's tubes surgery is set for January 15th.  They go in order of age, and there is a 7 month old ahead of Z so we will be second.  Need to schedule his pre-op visit this week.  I will be glad when this is over and am anxious to see if we can tell a difference besides the lack of doctor's appointments every week.

Ok, I think that is all for now.  Going to go work on my iPod.  I feel so behind the times!   :)

Hope you all had a splendid holiday season and are looking forward to 2009!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html