Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Down the tubes....

we had our ENT visit this morning and it was agreed, tubes are the best option for Zach.  Its been over 6 weeks or constant antibiotics and there has been no major improvements.  They tested his hearing and it was within normal ranges which is good, but obviously being on constant antibiotics inst the best thing.  We should get a call this week to line up our surgery date.  It scares me, even though it's minor surgery....still scary for mommy and daddy but will be glad to not be in the doctors office every week.  Please keep us in your prayers and I will keep you updated on the ears!!

5 comments:

  1. As my pastor in Corpus says, minor surgery is something that happens to someone else, when it is us or our loved one, it is always major. Let us know when, I have been there. We will be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Major bummer! :( I'm sure you're upset, I would be too. But thumbs up for not being on antibiotics anymore, that's definitely a good thing.

    Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tubes are miracles! Evie got them about 18 months ago and it was so nice to go without a visit to the doctor every other week. Plus, her hearing was completely shot and her speech was delayed. We just had a check up on Christmas Eve and the tubes have fallen out, she has fluid in her ears, she can't hear, and we have to schedule surgery for new tubes. I'm definitely more comfortable with it the second time. Good luck. Z-man will be fine and probably not notice a thing about it! It will definitely be harder on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh boy, I am so sorry. You guys will be in my prayers, I know the thought of surgery is very scary. You guys will get through it and in the end you will feel better because you did the right thing for him.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html