Sunday, January 4, 2009

38 days

That's right, 38 days until the Z Man turns 1 year old. Can you believe it?  Because I surely cannot.


2008 flew by starting with Zach's arrival and followed by 1-Paige, 2- Julia, 3-Blake, 4-Ella, 5&6-Braden & Brooke, 7-Maggie, 8-Kate, 9-George, 10&11-Lilly &Dylan, and 12-Samantha!! WOW, that is a LOT of babies.  And there would be even more if I included bloggy friends, cousins, friends of friends, etc!!  I call 2008 the Year of the Babies!  And that is always a good thing!!

So tomorrow I head back to the grind and am so not looking forward to it.  But I know I have to suck it up and deal with it because that is what it is right now.  I do enjoy my job and even the people I work with, but I enjoy Zachary more.  Unfortunately it is just not in the cards right now to stay home so I need to make the best of the situation.  And I am thankful to have employment because I know others do not!  I guess that's why they always say the grass is always greener on the other side!

Zach continues to amaze me.  Just 2.5 months ago he started crawling forward on his 8 mo birthday.  Then cruising, then stepping, then lunging...and now walking!  He is beyond the 2 steps-fall, he is all over the place and cute as can be!!  Even though I know he is old enough to be doing all that he does these days, I still sit in wonder and awe at all that he learns to do.  I look at him and think "what a big boy!!" but then when I am holding him in my arms at night rocking him to sleep.....he is still my baby and always will be.  

Oh, I am clearly all over the place today so better to sign off now before I continue rambling!

Shout out to Ashley tomorrow...she is heading back to work tomorrow after her months off with Maggie.  Hang in there sister, we are all there for you!!



1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that Zach is going to be 1 so soon, I still think of him as an itty bitty!!

    Yipee on the walking, watch out b/c its a whole new ballgame now. I am happy that Drew is finally starting to walk but nervous at the same time b/c now it really is double trouble!!

    Good luck back at work today, try not to miss your little man too much!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html