Tuesday, January 13, 2009

In the words of Alexander

Today was a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, very bad day.  It just started off bad.  I had the day off since today was the day of pre-op visits.  I woke up at 8 to crying....but I couldn't hear it through the monitor!!  Apparently it was off or not working so who knows how long little man was crying for (I did find out Matt left after 7 so luckily it couldn't have been too long :( )  Anyway, up I went and poor boy was just not happy.  I picked him up and could tell why, StiNKY!  Through the diaper and jammies.  And apparently it stung or something because he was not caring for the wipes at all so into the tub we went for a nice warm bath.  


Things got a little better while we played in the morning but had some tugging on the ears so thinking they are just hurting.  No getting tired though so I knew this would be interesting with no nap.  Into the car we went for our first appointment with the ENT.  We pulled into the lot 10 min before time and Zach was sleeping and I reached back to get a blankie from his bag.....and there was no bag.  UGH.  Being as we had another appointment at the hospital right after this one , I knew there was no way we could survive without the bag full of diapers and bottles and food!  So we sped back home, called Matt to look up the # and call them to tell them we would be late.  I HATE being late for doc appointments, even though you always have to wait on them anyway.  

So we get back and of course Zach is up when we get out of the car and we still have to wait.  The waiting room was empty though so we had free reign at least.  Doc finally comes in and checks him out and is slightly concerned about Zach's congestion.  As long as it isn't too bad on Thursday, we can proceed but there is a chance we could show up and it get cancelled.  UGH.  He decided a nice shot of Roceferin and amox for the next couple days and hopefully all will be well on Thursday.  

The shot did not go over well, especially since it was now past nap time and food time!  You have to wait for 20min after the shot so at least we got to take care of the food part. Then it was time to head over to the hospital.  Now one good thing did happen cause I remembered to take the stroller, thank goodness!  We checked in 30 min before our appointment and didn't get seen until almost an hour after it.  We strolled in many circles and Z got lots of compliments on his cuteness.  At least we brought some smiles to some people. 

Finally around 3 we were finished and headed home and got meds picked up.  Zach was SUPER tired and cranky and took a lot of lovin but got him down for a nap.  WHEW.

It was a very long afternoon.  We had another poopie episode and a dropped jar of baby food but that seemed to be the end of the yuckiness, thank goodness.

All I could think of during the 2 hours at the hospital was thank goodness we were there for just tubes.  So although the day was crappy in many ways, I did have some time to reflect on the many blessings in our lives too.  I cant imagine having to deal with a serious childhood illness and I snuggled with my little man a little longer tonight.  Here's to hoping that tomorrow is better than today!



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your bad day! :( I had one like that on Saturday. We just have to have those every now and then, so we can have GREAT days, like Thursday, when Z's ears will get all fixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a bad day! We were reminded of our blessings when we visited the hospital yesterday too. I pray for my children's health every day. Good luck tomorrow. We'll keep you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html