Monday, August 4, 2008

Hurricane Edouard

That's right folks...Edouard, not Eduardo.......its french, not Spanish ;-)

Matt and I both have a rain day tomorrow, our offices are closed for the impending storm. Thankfully Zachary got me a "get out of going to Brenham" card because believe me people...there was no way I would have been able to leave my feverish child! :(

So.....does anyone think Edouard will do anything besides dump some rain for a couple of hours? I just saw some R.eliant energy chick talking about how not to call in if your power is out because they have technology that tells them where the outages are. No crap, really?!?! That seems very obvious to me but perhaps its because I am in the energy business? I don't know. She also said we all should be prepared to spend up to 2 weeks without electricity. Holy crap. I cannot imagine that. I would be hot, damn hot. And I would be heading over to the Labbe mansion to live with them and there generator operated house! :) Seriously. Can you imagine 2 weeks without a/c? I don't think I would make a day. How did people do it back in the day?

Anyway, little man went down with a little bit of a fuss. He usually doesn't cry at all when we lay down for bed, but not so tonight. But as soon as I went and scooped him up, he was calm. We started rocking and the head got very heavy very quickly. Sweet boy just needed his momma. Maybe we will wake up in the morning and have a tooth! One can only hope...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html