Saturday, August 16, 2008

Good night!

Well, we had a little mini experiment with the bottle last night. Zach had cereal and a small jar of carrots around his usual 630 feeding. He had taken a nap from about 5-545 so he was awake for awhile last night. Anyway, decided to make an 8oz bottle for about 830 and call it a night. And he did fine! Sleep until about 7am this morning! I found a food chart on babycenter.com and it says to do 4-5 feedings (24-32oz), one veggie, one fruit, and 4-5 TBSP cereal for 6-8 months old. So I think we will try to work up to that.

My search for St. Joseph yesterday was not too successful. The catholic bookstore I went to only only nice mantel type statues and when I asked the lady about a smaller one I got chastised about it and she told me they didn't sell "superstitious" things like that. So I bought on off the Internet instead ;-) It was actually a nice store and I picked up a little something for a friend. They also had a lot of nice baby/baptism stuff and since all my friends are Catholic except for me and Becky and Ashley, I know where to go for baptism gifts now! :)

Sign class got cancelled this am and while I am bummed to not see Zach's buddies and their mommies, we have had a fun morning. Watched some Little Einsteins and Micky Mouse and I just love watching Z play. So fun to see him sitting up and grabbing for toys and actually be PLAYING and discovering! He also finally got those big feet into his mouth!! They have been close but today he actually was sucking on them. It was too cute!

Anyway, nothing much planned today except getting the house ready for tomorrow. Hope to maybe get some pool time in too if the weather stays clear. Hope you all have a good weekend!

3 comments:

  1. i miss you. let's get together soon..... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am dying in envy that Zach is sleeping that long. Bean got up every HOUR AND A HALF last night. Yep, seriously. I'm wondering if it was a growth spurt, he's usually not that bad.

    Where are you taking the sign classes through? I have a book to follow, but the classes sound like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you mean the bottle right before bed or the middle of the night bottle? jayden didnt' drop that last feeding/bottle before bed till like 11 months. Stopped any night feeds at 7 months. hope that helps. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html