Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Open House this weekend

Open house...take 2 this Sunday! Seriously people, I am getting tired of this! It definitely hurts the ego a bit too when you think your house is pretty nice. I will chalk it up to "the market" and make myself feel better.

I think I am going to go buy a St. Christopher and bury him upside down in the garden on Saturday. To all you catholics out there, isn't he the saint that helps sell houses? Does this actually work? I am Methodist but I am willing to try anything and I think God would be okay with me being a little Catholic in order to help me with our quest for suburbia!

Also, for those that don't know...I am also on a quest for weight loss. I lost .8lbs this week and although its not a lot, I am fairly happy with it since hubs and I TOTALLY indulged and enjoyed ourselves over the weekend in Galveston. I loved every morsel we ate or drank. The weight is coming off slowly which is frustrating. Back in the day, Rachel and I used to talk about how I could gain or lose 10lbs in like a day. Well the gaining part is still true, but the losing is definitely taking a lot longer. But I am also trying to remain focused and remember I am 13lbs lighter than I was 7 weeks ago.

In Zachary news, all is still well. Thank you all for the comments on his pics. I also think he is pretty darn adorable. He is really just enjoying sitting up more and more and laughing more and more and I am loving every minute of it. We are still trying to figure out this whole solids thing. Last night he was so not interested in it. He got the peas down but was not having the rice cereal. So we just quit after the peas. We did 4 nights of peas with no issues so onto carrots tonight! I am also going to try to give him a full jar. It seems like so much though to me! Any words of advice? Also, we are still doing the last bottle. Do not blast for me that...its twofold. 1-I still enjoy it most of the time...and 2-he often wakes up for it. How did you begin to wean off the last bottle?

Ok, I should be working so that will be it for now. I am tired and weary from staying up till 12:30 watching gymnastics! GO USA! I think I need another cup of coffee! :)

8 comments:

  1. It's a Saint Joseph statue that you bury to sell your house, not a St. Christopher statue (he's the patron saint of travel, you put a St. Christopher medal in your car to protect you). I know us Catholics are crazy. Every house that my parents have sold had a St. Joseph statue buried in the back yard, don't know if it helped, but it certainly can't hurt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/stj01002.htm

    Just for fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our condo was for sales for 6 months. Our realator let us borrow her St. Joseph and we just set in in our window seal. About 2 weeks after that it sold. I also prayed to him, that may be too Catholic for ya though :). Good luck!

    you are doing good on soilds, his tummy was just prob full after the peas :). I still can't figure out how to get my kid to eat though, so don't take any advice from me!

    If you still enjoy the late bottle and he does to, then why stop? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry about all the misspellings in my last post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad Mary could inform you on the patron saint thing, because I have no idea. I'm the worst Catholic ever. Okay, not the WORST Catholic... we won't go there. Let's just say I'm non-practicing. :)

    I am also no help on the feeding or last bottle. We are a few weeks away from solids, and Bean eats around the clock. So why did I bother to reply, then, if I'm so useless? *shrugs*

    Anyway, happy open house! Prayers up and fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the open house! You will sell it...hang in there! If you still enjoy the late night bottle, then by all means continue! I just stopped feeding Caroline hers in July (8 months). It was more about me at that point and not wanting to give that time up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I had to order St Joseph online! The store did not sell the little ones and the lady told me that it was superstitious! :-o So she gave me some novenas for him instead! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. C, I only know about the patron saints b/c my Uncle owns a Catholic bookstore. If you are the worst Catholic out there than I am in line to be the 2nd worst ;)

    Lisa, hope it works for you!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html