Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Jammin in the new year!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! I am so excited to be starting 2008...why you may ask?? Because this is the year that I get to hold my baby boy! We have waited a long time for this moment! 2007 was a definitely a blessing with his conception and carrying him these last 8 months, but now, we are ready to meet him! :)

We had a great time "jammin" in the new year at the Labbe's house last night. Everyone wore their jammies, parents and kids alike! It was great to be comfy for once, especially this year for me! We did make your own pizzas and had lots of other yummy snacks and treats. Mike and Jason even bought some fancy fireworks to dazzle us with. It was a nice display. Oh yes, and we played Dance, Dance Revolution...those are me in action in the last 2 pics. And....we all actually made it to midnight! When the clock struck midnight, and I shared a kiss with my hubby...I think I caught a twinkle in his eye as he said "this was our last NYE together alone...and I couldn't be more excited for what's to come". Me too, Matthew! It was a great way to ring in the new year surrounded by the friends I love and who love us. We were missing some this year but they were definitely with us in spirit!

2007 was still a year of ups and downs as I think life just is at this age...but ultimately, it was a wonderful year personally for Matt and I. We are blessed with great friends and family, successful jobs, some fun trips, blessed events of weddings and babies to share in with our friends, and of course, our little miracle Zachary. We are so thankful for the prayers of those who love us and know that we are grateful to have you in our lives.

So thank you for helping make our 2007 a good year...and to 2008....we are so excited to see what else you have in store for us all!



Here are some pics of the night too!



3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about 2007... the first half was the most difficult 6 months of my life, followed by the best news I've ever gotten! What an up-and-down year. Our little boys will be before we know it, then it's the ups-and-downs of parenthood! The rollercoaster of life continues. :) I can't believe that Zach will be here in about a month. My birthday is February 11, maybe we'll share the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your last New Years Eve as a couple, next year you may not make it up until midnight (I know we didn't!!)

    You are in the homestretch, Zach will be here before you know it!!``

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey girlfriend! i finally posted. you are putting me to shame.

    2007 while filled with hard times, was also so thrilling and exciting. and just think of what 2008 is going to bring for us! babies, parenthood, possible moves and new jobs, and so many more memories! love you tons and can't wait to see you on saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html