Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Homestretch.......3 weeks and counting???

Well folks, we are in the home stretch, the final countdown, the end is near!!! I will be 37 weeks on Friday and had my first weekly appointment today. Did a quick ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid levels and all is well there. I will continue to drink my water though just to be safe. But the good news is, I am actually progressing! I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. It doesn't necessarily mean anything as some women stay this way for weeks...but it does mean that SOMETHING is happening! Zach is head down and in position too, so we shall see what the next couple of weeks may bring. I am so pumped to meet this little guy!

With that said....I would like the rest of my furniture here and to see Jersey Boys on the 27th! After that, I am READY to GO! :) I will go to appointments weekly now, so hoping that next week brings even more progress. I will keep you posted!

Other than that, we are doing good. I have a hair appointment tomorrow (THANK GOD, we cannot bring a child into this world with roots like these! heehee!) and hope to get some new pics up soon too! Things are coming along, we are just anxiously waiting now!

7 comments:

  1. "I am 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced."


    And that is why I missed Theresa's wedding back in 1997. Something about not being more than an hour away from the hospital. Good job on the progress, not too much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he is almost here! :-) Where has the time gone?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. one day closer until i meet baby zach!!! can't wait!!
    love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG... I'm freaking out... because I'm right behind you!! LOL So please keep in him there for a while longer, I'm not ready!! :O

    Seriously, though, I'm glad to hear that you are progressing well! Hooray for everything looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, i posted and then had a sudden moment of clarity and had to take it off for explicit content that i thought might not be for everyone's eyes! contact me if you would like to know what i said! ha ha!

    can't wait to meet baby Z!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo, only a few more weeks!!! Don't worry if your furniture doesn't make it, you won't need it for awhile, our babies lived in the pnp the first 3 months!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html