Thursday, January 31, 2008

Random musings

Just sitting here watching Duke b-ball with the hubby. They are having a great 2nd half after being down in the first half to NC State. Matt blames it on the students wearing the green shirts. There have been some amazing shots by the Dukies. I like to comment on them, it makes Matt laugh and then try to explain to me the right way to comment...I guess I get the terms wrong sometimes. He wants to make sure I teach Zach correctly ;-) Last night we watched the Ags beat the Horns. That was a good game and a much needed boost for the Aggies. Hubs feels a little better about the team now. Just need them to get to the big dance.

Speaking of...the big dance will begin Thursday, March 20th. Friday, March 21st is Good Friday and also the day of games for the NCAA tourney. Zach should be about 6 weeks. We are hoping Grandma or Grandpa can babysit for the day so Daddy AND Mommy can continue the tradition and go watch games ALL day. Its fun times had by all....mmmmmm....beeeerrr. We will see what unfolds.

So tomorrow is Friday. My last official day in the office. YIKES. Its been interesting with the boss out. I think my back-up will be okay. He's had a couple of days where things havent gone well, but that happens. I just pray my traders remember that he has only been scheduling for like 2 months. More concerned about the little things my boss would help out on or just if new things come up, who will he go to to ask? Oh, and I found out my boss may be taking SIX weeks off instead of just 4. Oh my....gonna be interesting.

Still loving Zach's room. I would go in before and just stare at his crib...but without everything else, it was just a room with a bed in it. Now it's my son's room! I fell asleep in the recliner last night attempting to read Babywise. I need to start it when I am not sleepy. Unfortunately, another family member sthe recliner too...Mr. Max! What to do? Not sure if its a big deal or not that he likes to go in there? Wonder if a baby gate at the door would keep him out?

We watched the Lost premier tonight too. I wasnt too impressed. I almost fell asleep. Hope the new season picks up after this episode.

Well, tomorrow is Friday. TGIF! Praying the day goes okay. Ready to meet this kid. Mom talked to Aunt Peg yesterday(she knows my appts are Wednesdays). Her plan is if Z doesnt come this week on his own, she will just plan to come down to Houston for the week and stay throuh Tuesday. YAY! I hope it all works out!

Oh, other funny...the phone. The "just checking" phone calls have started. Its fun though, but c'mon people...you all tease about my texting...I promise you will know when you head in to the hospital. Speaking of phone, I need a new one. Its like mine lost its spring. Instead of just popping open and snapping shut, it opens and kinda hangs there limp. That may be on the to-do list for weekend.

And of the to-do list...I dont remember what was on it, but I know what's left. Need to install car seat and call pediatrician. Finally paid the day care the deposit so Zach wont have to cmoe to work with me. Bummer. That could have been fun.

Ok, I have rambled enough. I am actually tired. A weird change from the last couple of nights....does that mean anything?!?! :D

3 comments:

  1. I don't know, we may come to blows over basketball!!! I didn't know you were a Duke fan. As far as the kitty in the nursery, don't worry. Our cats loved to explore the room before the babies were here, but now they won't even go in there, baby or not, they associate the room with crying of all things!! We leave the babies room door cracked open at night (b/c the door creaks if closed all the way) and none of our cats has ever gone in or even peeked in the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. remember when you thought basketball was played in innings?? j/k - i know that was pregnancy brain at its best.

    you are tired because you need your rest before he comes! take advantage and make sure to text with me next week while you are home and i am still slaving away for the man until mini ginny gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you better call me when you are on the way to the hospital!!! I don't care what time it is! ok:)
    love you and HURRY UP ZACH! auntie kelly wants to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html