Thursday, January 3, 2008

Farewell to Bessie.......

After 9good years of friendship....last night we said good-bye to my dear friend.....Blue Bessie. Bessie is my 1999 Ford Explorer Sport. After the flash flood in Dallas in 1998 that totalled my green Sunfire, Blue Bessie became my girl. Mom and Dad helped finance her since I was still in college at the time. One of favorite stories is about picking her out. I opted for the tape player over the CD player back in the day because I thought CDs were a passing craze and I preferred the company of my mixed tapes! HAHAHA! Bessie has been a part of many memories, often involving road trips.....Dallas, Austin, Nacogdoches, San Antonio, New Orleans just to name a few. Having had her since I was 20 years old, she has definitely played a major role in this phase of my life. She has been a good car to me with relatively few major issues and I think any and all cosmetic issues were due to my own devices in some way or another. I made sure to take her to the car wash yesterday before I dropped her off so she would be feeling spiffy. And I wont lie, as we drove off last night leaving her in the lot...I cried. Its silly, I do know this, but it was kinda like driving away from a part of my life! Actually 10 years is a 3rd of my life! So see...it IS a big deal! ;-)
The first pic is of me and Bessie leaving the house to head to the dealership. The second one is of our last moment before leaving her.
But...with the saying Good-bye to Blue Bessie....we said Hello to THE SILVER STREAK! The new Wittliff mobile, baby friendly and all with 4 doors (bessie only had 2 doors) and a third row of seats! She is a 2008 GMC Acadia and we are glad to welcome her home. I picked her up today after work, it was weird driving home, like I was in someone else's car! I don't have a pic yet, but will get one soon. Its a sweet car, and Matt and I are both excited about all the new memories we will make in SS with Zach in tow as well! Welcome to the family Silver Streak and we look forward to having you!

1 comment:

  1. you know i sold the old jetta yesterday and did not experience any feelings of sadness. jeff was sad, but i was all "smell ya later!"

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html