Friday, January 4, 2008

35 weeks....35 Days to Go!

Dear Zachary,
This is your mommy here...I cannot believe it is almost time to meet you! Your birthday could be any time over the next 5 weeks and it still seems so unbelievable to me. Even with my ever growing belly and your continuous movements, I still wonder how and why your Daddy and I became so blessed to have you come into our lives? YOU ARE OUR MIRACLE. Every morning on my walks with your fur-sister Esther, I say thank you to Him for allowing me to wake up another day with you growing in my belly. Funny to think I have been praying that same prayer for about 8 months now....especially after praying for 12+ months for your creation! I pray for your continuous health over these next few weeks and a safe delivery into this world. I give THANKS for your creation! It wasn't due to my own doing or even your daddy's or even a doctor. The credit is due only to Him! Don't ever forget that, Zach. All the months your dad and I prayed for you....God already knew when it would be your time and you are wonderfully and mercifully made through Him. He has great things in store for you and I cannot wait to see what all that may be!! I pray that you come to know and love Him as your Dad and I do too and we will do our best to raise you to remember that He ALWAYS loves you!

We LOVE you so much Zach! We cannot wait to meet you and see what you look like and pinch your cheeks and tickle your toes! We will stare in awe and wonder at you on the day you are born...and probably for many years to come after that.

We will promise to rock you and soothe you and feed you and care for you, no matter how tired or cranky we may be. Even if we are those things, it doesn't mean we don't love you. We will always love you and our love for you will grow every day as you grow!!

We will watch you grow and take note of ALL you do and how you change and grow....marking down every milestone along the way so not to forget a thing. We will wonder where the time has gone as you grow and change so fast. Everyone says how you will change before our eyes and we will do our best to remember it all!

We hope to give you a brother or a sister or two so that you can have a bond with a sibling that we both enjoyed. We will go on family vacations to Disney World and the Grand Canyon and Boston and California and where else we can think of, as long as we are all together!

We will read to you and hope you learn to love it as dad and I do. He will teach you math and I will help with English. And of course, Dad will teach you ALL you EVER WANTED to know and MORE about SPORTS!!! You and he will have a great time together watching football and basketball and baseball, etc!!

We promise to support you and defend you as you grow and figure out who YOU want to be...and to love you NO MATTER what. Like I said, we will ALWAYS love you.

We pray for the man that you will grow into, for the husband we hope you will be, and for the father we know you will become. One lucky girl will get to know all of those pieces of you!

We promise you all of this Zachary. And all we ask is that you come safely into this world and let us spoil you rotten and love you forever. Thank you for filling a place in our hearts that we never truly knew was empty. Thank you for making us a family. Thank you for making me a mommy. Thank you for making our dreams come true!

So hang in there for a little bit longer, Zachary...I will be holding you in my arms soon enough.

I love you always and forever little one. See you soon!
Love Always,
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. the tears are flowing! that was beautiful!!! i can't wait for baby zach to meet such wonderful parents. He is so fortunate to have parents that are so caring and loving!! Zach is in my prayers and will be forever.
    I love you and can't wait to meet my nephew!
    xoxo
    auntie kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet letter... you should put that in his baby book for him to read when he's older. You are going to be a GREAT mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, tears welled up in my eyes during that one. Zach is so lucky to have you as a mommy and I cannot wait to meet him. You are going to be such a great great mommy!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html