Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thank goodness for men!

They are good for a lot of things....but especially when it comes to creepy slimy icky crawlers!!  We got back from church and lunch today and I was in the kitchen getting Zach some milk....and look over and what do I see but a like 10 inch SNAKE!!!!!  I don't know why, but snakes freak me out!  So as Zach was racing towards to killer snake I reached over to scoop him up and scream!  Poor Matt was in the middle of changing and came running out half dressed with mighty shoe in hand and crushed the dude.  Sorry for all you reptile loving people, but the thing was rearing up and freaking me out so I was not sad to see its untimely demise.  That's what it gets for coming inside.  I proceeded to take Zach upstairs for a nap after I was sure the snake was no more.  Matt chuckled when I came back down and said, "you know if I wasn't here you would have to take care of it yourself, right?"  To which I replied, "thankfully you are always here!!" ;-)  So to Matt...my hero who saved me and Zach and Esther from the evil snake...we are forever grateful!! :-)


*And bracket update, Matt is still #1 and I am tied for 2nd....go us! 

3 comments:

  1. I HATE snakes!!!!! We used to have snakes in the nursery (which is upstairs). It freaks me out every time I see one, and Chuck is always so calm when he picks up the snake and takes it outside. We were stumped as to how the snakes were getting into the second floor nursery (when Evie was a baby), but I put an end to it when someone suggested that we cut down the tree that was just outside the nursery window. We cut it down and no more snakes. Whew. That stuff sends my pulse racing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have screamed my head off!!!! Glad Matt was there to save you. What would we do without our big strong men? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww eww ewww. I don't feel bad for the snake at all and I'm an animal lover!! Serves him right for getting in your house!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html