Monday, March 23, 2009

A little about Z

So Zach is up to some funny antics these days. He is still obsessed with balls and they are all over the house. He is getting pretty decent at throwing them for a 13 month old so Matt and I are impressed at least! ;-) He likes to attempt to throw them for Esther too or will just run up to her and stick the tennis ball in her mouth. And of course is loves saying ball too. After lunch on Sunday we went in to this toy store next to where we ate. I was holding Zach and looking in the opposite direction and hear him saying ball and thinking to myself, ''silly boy, there are no balls in sight!'' and sure enough i turned around to see him pointing him up at the ceiling and they had like 10 balls hanging down on strings!! Way to go Z!

He is also developing some of his own sign language. When he is ready for dinner he either goes up to the fridge or to his high chair and grunts! Hey, so its not American Sign Language, but it works! And on a more sign-ish note...he has developed his own sign for ''I want...'' It kinda looks like if you were pumping your fist before they take blood or a wave with your thumb facing upwards. make sense? clear as mud? well anyway, that's what he does. so he will walk up to say....a toy that is out of reach. Will look up at it and do his little hand sign and babble. As soon as he gets whatever it is, all better. Or if we are eating, he will walk up to me and do it, then he gets a goldfish or whatever and all better! So interesting watching him learn!

The boy is also getting too tall for his own good. He can reach things off the kitchen counter, nightstands, dresser tops, etc!! Yesterday I was in the kitchen making dinner and had left a pair of scissors too close to the edge but by no means hanging off...and was standing right next to them as he got up on his toes and pulled them down! Thankfully I was standing right there so could snatch them back before danger happened!

And lastly, Operation Sippy Cup is going okay. School actually asked on Thursday for me to start bringing them so I was kinda forced into following the doctor's orders. And supposedly he did really well! Over the weekend, we just did bottles for morning and bedtime except for one Sunday afternoon after a minor meltdown. So we are getting there. We are using the Playtex 9oz Sipster and seem to be having the best luck with these. They are hard tops and spill proof and all in all he seems to be transitioning to them pretty well.

One question to put out there for you milk drinkers...he had spit up a few times recently since the switch the milk. Once was almost like throwing up, but the others just a little spit up. But it REEKS! Smells like rotten milk! Any thoughts on this or he just drank too much? This happened one other time when he tried yogurt at school too and I think he drank too much!

OK, I think that's all on Zach for now. Love him to pieces my little wild child! Hope you all have a great Monday....I was missing Spring Break traffic today. Bring on the summer! ;-)

**WOW, if you read all that, I am impressed! Posted it looks much longer than when I typed it! ;-) **

2 comments:

  1. Yuck on the milk spit up. It does stink. Yick. It may just take him a little time to adjust to the milk. As for the sign for "I want" (which you described perfectly), I think that is a common sign for kids and may actually be a legit sign. My kids learned the sign for "milk" and "more", but used a distorted version of the sign for "more" a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he is such a bit little boy now! :) Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun with him. I do miss those itty bitty days, but Bean is so much more fun now that he's developing into a real person.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html