Monday, September 15, 2008

Still calling home...

still no answering machine answering! So I am guessing we still have no power. Dad will go check again tomorrow to be sure. We are having a nice time but of course you always want to be at home in your own place. My work has been cancelled for the week, daycare is closed on a day to day basis as they still have no power and same for Matt's work. I am working remotely when I can to help out. So we will prob be here in Austin until power comes back.

Been doing some reading about Crystal Beach too and am just saddened beyond belief. Wiped away. The two homes we have rented most frequently over the last 9 years are just gone. So very sad and so many memories lost. My thoughts and prayers are with all of those who lost their homes there in Galveston and Crystal Beach.

On one positive note, yesterday Manda and I went out shopping yesterday and found a great couch! We put it on hold and came back today with Matt. We now have a fabulous couch, ottoman/table, and leather recliner! They are fabulous, people. From Primitives. Awesome sales guy/designer, too. If you are ever in the Austin area and need some fabulous furniture, go see Travis at Primitives!

Anyway, all is well here. Zach is babbling up a storm these days and we are wondering if a Ma-Ma or Da-da may come soon! He is also scooting...BACKWARDS! Its quite funny to watch. We put something out for him to come too and he ends up further and further away. Which makes him none too happy. He will figure it out soon enough!

Ok, back to Cowboy watching with the fam. Hope you all are well. Night night!!

3 comments:

  1. I had no idea that Crystal beach was so bad, particularly that those beach houses we rented are gone! I thought some of them might be, but I'm surprised to hear that the big ones were. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh - so good to hear from you. I miss my normal, too, but we are soooo blessed to have family with power to move in with.

    glad you found a new couch! I also an brought to tears thinking of crystal beach, all my family vacations have been there since I was in preschool. I always thought my kids would have that too. Now I am even more attached to the 300 pictures I took of Julia and Alex there last Aug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about Crystal Beach, it obviously means a lot to you. But the memories aren't lost! Those will be with you forever. You have many more happy ones to make.

    My pedi said that babies actually learn to crawl backward first. Neat!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html