Saturday, September 20, 2008

The deal is done!

We signed on the dotted line...about 50 times....and handed over the check...and now its all ours!

I am so excited yet it doesn't seem really real yet since we are still living at the town home. Time to start packing. Plan to move in 2 weekends so I guess we better get busy! Need to pack, want to do some painting in the new house and then time to move in. I will miss many things about our little town home in the city, but I am so excited to be out in the burbs among friends and family. We took many a walks around the neighborhood while staying in Austin this week and it got us even more excited. Something different about pushing the stroller and walking the dog through the quiet street surrounded by yards and homes than the busy streets of H-town! So, as soon as we are moved in, we cannot wait to have you all over. And we have plenty of room so feel free to pack your pack-n-play and stay the night :-)

And in Z news, I cannot remember what I have posted lately. With the houses and the hurricane, I feel like I have lost a few weeks of my life. Its a big blur! Anyway, he is precious as always. He is doing some new things though like....

*crawling backwards! And while this is funny to mommy and daddy, it is super frustrating to the poor Z Man as he gets further and further away from whatever he wanted, so I end up caving and helping him out. I have heard this is common so perhaps crawling the right direction is in his near future.

*Motorboating, zerberts, raspberries...whatever you like to call them, he LOVES to make them. It can amuse him for some time just listening to himself!

*New babbling..I think there are some ma-mas in there and I SWEAR he says it sometimes when he is looking at me! And just like his daddy, he LOVES to hear himself talk so we have a pretty noisy house these days. But I love it and could listen to him all day!

I know, I know, I need some new pics. He is definitely getting bigger every day. My bitty baby is definitely not itty bitty anymore!

Also, today is a week from Ike. Wow, what a different morning today is than last week. My heart still goes out to the thousands affected by Ike. I have decided the piles I was going to save for garage sale I am now going to donate to a Ike relief fund. Just need to find the right one. We have so much clothes and duplicates of household items and with people who have lost everything, I am hoping they can help someone get a new start. I love Casting Crowns "Praise You in the Storm" song and am drawn to its message right now. I am not very eloquent in my writing, so pardon the simplicity of this thought. I just feel SO incredibly blessed to have weathered the storm with only power loss for a few days. So many still don't have power and may not for another week or more. And then of course those who lost everything. I cannot imagine. I pray that people will come together and help these people get back on their feet. I am also very impressed to learn that my company will be donating $1 million to the Red Cross benefiting the Gulf Coast, specifically for those in the Galveston and Houston areas. I pray that God can use this tragedy to bring people together, neighbors helping neighbors. And while a lot has been accomplished in a week, there is still a very long way to go so please keep praying for those affected by Ike!

Ok, on that note, i am going to go snuggle my z and enjoy the blessings of family, home, power, and life!

5 comments:

  1. YEA...So happy for your new home. Congrats and happy packing and moving. Love the new house, very pretty, can't wait to see the inside.
    Love that you are now donating your extra items. What a great thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!!! so exciting! can't wait for the house warming party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL home! Congrats! Can't wait to see lots more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous home, Lisa! Wish I could take you up on the offer and stop by to look for myself. :)

    Can't wait for the updated Z pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The house is great! Wish I could see the inside. I think donating all your extra items is a great idea. I would do the same if I hadn't already given all my stuff away when we cleaned out the house. When Katrina hit, we were able to give a lot of furniture to a family who lost everything, and we were so pleased to be able to help. Have fun moving! Hope you decided to hire movers!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html