Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Deja Vu

First it was Edouard, then Gustav...I managed to escape them all so far. But now it looks like Ike is heading straight our way...just when I actually have PLANS! You hear that Ike?? We are supposed to be closing on the town home on Thursday and now it looks like I am headed to Brenham tomorrow night. UGH. No, DOUBLE UGH. If we do not close Thursday we are pushed back to Monday, September 15th which is fine assuming I can be back in town! This is so annoying! I am tired from the back to back storms and can't seem to get caught up with all this storm action going on. So I repeat....Ike, Ike , Go Away!!!!!!!!!

We had a mess up with the DVR tonight and somehow didn't get BB10 taped or 90210. ARGH. That was a serious downer since there was like, N.O.T.H.I.N.G. else on. We watched some of the Today Show that I had taped yesterday about The Big Chill reunion. One of my all time fav movies and of course always reminds me of Rach, so I enjoyed watching the snippet. They all still looked pretty good 30 years later!
Now watching the news...does anyone else think the weathermen get WAY too excited about these storms? I know you must, because I am sure anyone sane does. Although I did use to babysit for one of the Houston weathermen and he was always nice and normal but some of them just so into it! I think its especially bizarre because they all try to predict these storms but then follow up their comments with something like,"we are really not safe or out of the cone of uncertainty until about 24 hours before landfall." So yeah, basically we know nothing until its storm time.
While blog-hopping during boredom tonight, I found this photo editing website Picnik. Pretty cool! I made a neat pic of the Z Man from his 6 month shoot. Cool, huh? I will have to play some more and see what else it can do but I love these b&w pics with just the one color highlighted.
There was also a story about the fall of Enron tonight and some settlement and they were showing some vintage footage from the big let-go day of 2000. I looked for myself but no such luck! ;-) Amazing how fashion has changed in the last 8 years too!
Well, not much else going on. I guess I will know the fate of our closing this week sometime tomorrow. Then to decide...to leave Zach with Hubs or take him with me and attempt to work with a baby around!?!?!?

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there! At least the house sold. Now it's just a matter of tying up all the loose ends. Our house finally goes on the market tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am terribly thick but even after you explained it to me, I STILL don't really know what you do. I know it has to do with gas. And scheduling. And apparently hurricanes. As a Midwesterner who believes that gas just magically grows under the Shell station, I guess that is just a handicap I'll have to live with.

    Nevertheless, I hope Ike does go away so you can close on the town home and not have to go to Brenham, for whatever reason!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic you worked on of Little Z. So stinking cute! Praying all goes well for your family and that Ike fizzes out before he gets there.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html