Friday, September 12, 2008

Hunkerin Down

That's right folks, we are hunkerin/sheltering in place/whatever the heck ya want to call it! Its been a long day. I worked most of the beginning of the day and then we made a last minute trip to Randall's for some final necessities (aka-beer and wine). It was crowded but not too crazy. Everyone seemed pretty calm and civil too. We got home and cleared off the patio, taped the back windows, and got the flashlights and candles out and ready. Zach and Esther got several walks today just to get out and about since we don't know what tomorrow will be like.

Around 7pm it started getting windy. Its 10pm now and still no rain, just lots of wind. They say the eye is still a few hours away. Z fell asleep around 730 after his bottle. I made him a pallet so he could sleep downstairs with us. The pnp is set up in our bedroom but we haven't decided if we will sleep upstairs or not yet. The pets are all riled up and weird. I guess they sense the weather too. Bizarre.

Oh yeah, and we closed on the house yesterday. We have 30 days to be out of it. Kinda strange to be in it and not own it!! Hopefully we can still close on the new house next Friday and then we will start to move!

I think that's it for now. I am tired of the weather coverage yet we keep watching too, want to know what to expect! Hopefully we can keep power so we don't sweat to death!

To all you who are hunkering down too, be safe and check in tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. HI Lisa,
    Hope you are well, can't remember where exactly you are, praying for you all.

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are safe! I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html