Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Nothing going on but I felt the need to post. This week at work has been H E Double Hockey Sticks (I'm working on not cussing now that we have a child in the house). Pretty sad when its only Tuesday and the week has been for sh*t already! (there I go again, I'm getting good, huh?). Working on a trade floor with a bunching of cussing men makes it easy for it to become the norm. And speaking of, when did cussing become acceptable? It wasn't when I was growing up, not even in high school. So it must have happened somewhere in the 2000s. I mean, they can say witch with a Capital B on main stream tv!! And if you watch any show on cable, you hear much worse. Or they just bleep it out, but anyone over the age of 10 can figure out what the bleeped words are. I don't like it though. I think we all need to start cuss jars, I bet they would fill up pretty fast.

But I digress. Matt is watching this nasty show Fear Itself. I am trying to avoid eye contact with the tv so I won't have nightmares. Men and women definitely have different tastes in television watching.

Speaking of tv, The Bachelorette was good last night. I was glad funny face lawyer got the boot. He has bugged me from the beginning. And his dramatic get out of the car to pause at the end was just too much. Even better was the fake tear he wiped away on the tell all show afterwards. I also enjoyed D's banter with Graham and her comment about "don't worry, I am much happier" or whatever it was the elicited tons of oooohs from the audience. His face looks like our friend Jeff Anderson and they had the same voice...must be his doppelganger (isn't that what the secret twins are called?). Anyway, it always made me and Matt laugh when he was on b/c it was so much like him, only taller! So who do you think she picks? I really like Jessie and Jason but not sure which one is right for her? I am curious to see who it will be!

Does anyone watch the Mole? We are this season for lack of anything better on. I don't really get the show. I mean, are we supposed to be playing along? The show is edited so obviously the people playing know more what's going on. I love the NY dude, Paul, that's on it though. He is feisty and makes me laugh. And I like Paul too. I do NOT like mark or Clay. They just bug, like they are acting too much. Even if you are the mole, you don't have to be so weird. It makes people think you are NOT the mole. I am ready for Big Brother or Amazing Race to come back on! Time for some good reality tv!

Hopefully work will get better. There is one chick I deal with at another company who is screwing everything up and its causing me distress. Hopefully she gets her stuff together and tomorrow and Thursday will be better.

As for the Z man, he is STTN still! I swear, it was the cold thing (thanks again Theresa for that theory!)! Ever since we put him in the sleep sack, lots of Zzzzs for the Z! Which makes me feel like a bad mom before but hey, all good now. I do think we need a new sleep sack though. Z is outgrowing his and currently looks like he is wearing the coneheads costumes were wore in drill team in high school. If only I had a pic for you! Oh, and Thursday his school is having a 4th of July parade. I can't wait to go see. Anyone know where I can get a cute 4th outfit??

OK, I think that's enough rambling on my end for the night. The Astros have tied up the game and are in the 10th inning. I guess they have decided to just royally suck when we go to the games....


Is it Friday yet???

8 comments:

  1. i love the mole! i like all audience interactive shows. but i am with you -i am ready for BB and AR to come back. i am hoping BB wised up after last season and puts less sluts and idiots on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get to watch much tv, so most of the tv references go right over my head. For example, I have no idea what BB and AR stand for. Anyway, I'm so glad that Zack is STTN!!! Don't feel like a bad mom, this stuff takes a lot of trial and error. Look at how many different things people threw out there that could have been causing him to wake up. By the way, you can usually get cute 4th stuff at Babies R Us, Gap or Old Navy. Sadly, I was at the mall last weekend and I didn't see anything at Gap or Old Navy. I did, however, see a pretty wide selection of baby stuff at Babies R Us, which didn't help me since my kids are wearing toddler clothes. Chuck and I are still deciding whether or not to come to Houston this weekend. I want to, but gas prices are so high that I'm disinclined. We'll see what happens. Y'all have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mole except missed it this wk tv was out could not record. I can not stand the toothpick dude. He wines way to much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. no mole for me, but I also loved that episode of the men tell all. I never liked Jeremy much, but I totally fell for his sad story hook line and sinker!

    Yeah for the sleep sack! Love those things. Better get a couple of big ones, Alex used them for a very long time.

    Julia is also STTN! More than not, I have to wake her up around 7:30, so she is getting in about 9 hours. Horray!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck,Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck,Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, Fuck

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks jack :-p....Ill be sure to teach Maggie that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous that Z Man is STTN.

    Poor me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey such a cute site! we LOVE sleepsacks and we settled on the ones made by Halo...they make bigger sizes and even ones for toddlers which i think is the only thing keeping our little on in the bed at 21 months! good luck and it sounds like you are loving it!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html