Sunday, July 6, 2008

High Chair Help and the rest of the day!

I know a couple of you have already have told me what you have and what you do or don't like about it...but I am going to throw it out again. Zach will be five months this week so we need to be prepared for the big solid foods coming up in the next month! We registered for the Chicco Polly but did not receive so now I am open to other. Perhaps the Evenflo Majestic or just a booster seat? What high chair do you have? What do you like and not like about it? AND...when did you start on the solids and how and what first?

Also, I have said it before but I'll say it again, I definitely think Z is teething. He is drooling ALL the time and Rox and Becky and now I think I have too felt a tooth on top. I've heard the bottoms come in first but his feels like a top one. I've tried the oragel a few times when he is real fussy for no reason and it seems to help immediately so I am guessing that could be part of it! How long when you feel them before they pop out?

Anyway, the rest of our Sunday was fine. After Z stayed awake during church, lunch, and for about an hour at home...I put him in the swing and it magically soothed him to sleep as usual for a nice 2 hour nap. Then we were up and hung out at the pool. A nice man and his niece were in the pool playing too. He said he had an extra float this was too small for his niece so he gave it to us. How nice is that? Z enjoyed it too! We now have a collection of different baby floats! Perhaps whenever we move we need a house with a pool! Z loved his time in the water and is starting to do some kicking while in there now. Perhaps we have a swimmer on our hands!

Today has been the day of never ending sports. We left this morning to church with Wimbledon on...and came home and it was STILL on. Granted they had 2 rain delays BUT they played for like 5 hours! They said it was the longest men's finals ever. 5 hours of playing some SERIOUS tennis. I don't think I could even play for an hour. Perhaps I need to start playing on Wii some more for practice. So Nadal won too. I was pulling for Federer, I have always liked him for some reason. And he would have broken some record from like 1880 if he was to win 6 consecutive wins there. Oh well. Apparently Nadal broke some other record by winning both the French Open and Wimbledon.

And now the Astros are in the 16th inning versus the Atlanta Braves. Tied at 6-6 for like forever. It was almost over when we went to the pool at five and now its 730 and still on! I have been to the Braves Stadium once for Susan's bachelorette party. We had such a fun time and its a really cool stadium I thought. We were looking super cute in these snarky Astros baseball tees we made. I should find the pic.

OK, Matt just got back with dinner from La Madeline. YUM. I think I have done pretty good over the weekend considering all the food that was around. I am trying to be good! We shall see what the scale says later.

Hope you all enjoyed your 4th as well and back to work tomorrow! Night!

5 comments:

  1. we have the chicco polly and i guess it is great! ha ha! peder seemed to be just fine in it and heidi didn't seem to have a problem cleaning it. he looked really cute in it and we wheeled it around the house. we have the green style - i think it is the discovery pattern. we haven't used it yet, so i can't say from experience. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have very strong opinions on high chairs. No specific brand to give you since I last shopped for one over 2 years ago though. Alex is (was really)a big puker, and that started right away and just ended about 5-6 months ago. He has a very strong gag reflex, so if he chokes or coughs at feeding time, it all comes up like a margarita machine. This is why I love that the cover can be EASILY removed and thrown straight into the washing machine. He has also puked at Mich's house who has a chicco and the cover is plastic and was not made to be washed, just wiped down. Cleaning that was aweful, even Grandma started heaving herself.

    I also like the reclining feature of most high chairs. I also like removable trays and trays that can fit into the dishwasher. Mine has all of the features that I like and it is baby trend. Most of all, the removable/washable cover. Here's to hoping you don't have a puker!!

    as for solids, I would wait until you think that milk is not cutting it for him. some say start with cereal, some say start with vegetables. whatever, it all works out the same in the end i think. I think i staretd alex earlier than he really needed it, but i was anxious because it was cute and fun to try something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hate our high chair so I have no good advice regarding that. In fact, all our friends who bring their babies over think it is pretty bad too. It is a Graco, but it is also 4 years old. Maybe I should check out the chicco polly for Berend 3.0. As for food, I would just follow your pediatrician's advice. I would think that no one (except you) can know better. I think we started with Cheerios when we started solid food - they melt in the mouth very quickly so choking is pretty much out of the question. I think Evie started pretty early with solid food - like 5 or 6 months, but Luke was later. She was ready for solids very early. Oh, they also have these little finger stars that they sell at the grocery store and they melt even better than cheerios.

    Also, with regard to the teething, make sure you invest in the q-tips filled with orajel - it makes it so much easier to get to the right spot on the gums, and I swear every second counts when the babies are in pain like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look!!! Great scrapbooking skills!

    We have the Fisher Price Healthy Care boosters, I wasn't crazy about them at first as the babies tended to slide around a bit and I had to roll up a blanket to keep Drew still but now that they have good sitting balance I love love love them. Super easy to clean, easy to transport and take where we are going, and when they get older they will pull right up to the table. They are super cheap too which is an added bonus. Happy shopping!

    We started the twinnies on cereal at 4 months, they never took to it and once we started fruits/veggies at 4.5/5 months they did much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the info ladies, thank you!! Sounds like not many people are into the cereal. yeah, my pedi told me at the 4 month check up that z was seeming that he could be ready whenever I was. He is sitting good and has good head control but still seems content with just the bottle. Perhaps Ill give it to 6 months and see then.

    Oooh, qtips with oragel already in them? Wow, I must get these!!

    As for the chairs, I think I need to go play in the high chair aisle at BRU for a bit!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html