Friday, July 25, 2008

Weird Observations

Today I saw some weird/odd/sad happenings!

The first was at BRU. You know how they have those coupons where if you buy so much stuff you get a free umbrella stroller?? Well that must be going on right now. I walk in the front door and this couple is trying to strap in probably a 6 week old into there, who of course was screaming. I am coming on the door with a giant baby gate to return but I stopped the checker to alert her to the situation and she was JUST about to stop the couple too. Luckily she did because it was making me totally uncomfortable. I wouldn't even put Z into the BOB until he was like 8 weeks b/c i was so worried about the head support but that poor wee one should not have been in the umbrella stroller. So what would you do? When you see something that you know isn't right, do you say something or do you let those people worry about it?

The second was at Kroger's. I was shopping for some dinner stuff tonight...made our tomato, basil pasta. Delish!!! But anyway, its a Friday night, I was leisurely shopping at Kroger's. I get into the line and there was an old lady who forgot her check book so the line was moving slowly. And she wanted stamps...it was not fast. So the line starts to back up. Yes, they have one line open for us shoppers that have more than 15 items. Then ALL OF A SUDDEN, this lady starts YELLING about some grandpa trying to cut in front of her, another guy using the 15 or less aisle, and the slowness of the line we are in! She actually goes and gets the manager! I mean, yeah, it sucks the line is slow, but c'mon! Its not the poor high school checker and baggers fault! Anyway, I digress (one of my fav sayings), I just wanted to tell the lady to take a chill pill. She was out of control.

And then on the way home from the store, we drove by the vet and their was a lady walking a dog...but not on a leash. What the heck lady? If I was boarding Esther and you are taking her out, she best be on a leash. Just in case. And the lady had a surgical mask on. Maybe there was more to this story. But it was odd, or sad. Whatever you choose.

So anyway, we come home and have the delish pasta dinner. Matt is all impressed cause I used the fresh basil and smoked mozzarella instead of the dry basil and shredded mozzarella you buy in the bag. Its what the original recipe calls for and I must say, it made a difference. Try it out folks.

Z man was ready for bed by 8pm so he was down for the count by the time we ate dinner. We watched some Samantha Brown's Weekend Adventures and now watching Super Bad. I have never seen it before. Matt is dying over her on the couch and I am not getting it as much as he does. Must be a boy thing.

Anyway, tomorrow is Charla's shower. I cannot wait to see her and her twin belly! Sue, Kari and I got her Boppys and covers and 2 cute boy/girl layettes. Can you believe no one had bought her boppys??? I LOVE mine and use them every day STILL. Best invention ever. I am excited to share the love of the boppy with her tomorrow. Oh yeah, and as an extra off the registry gift...I found these little Carter's onesie/pants outfits. The boys is brown and chocolate and says "I love Mommy" and the girl's is pink and chocolate and says "I love Mommy". So cute!

Ok, so now back to Superbad. After the shower I will be doing major cleaning. Open house on Sunday, say some prayers please!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. how can you not love superbad? we were just watching it the other night and i always die laughing when the girl gets period blood on his pants and he says to her boyfriend, "we're blood brothers!" ha ha ha!

    i want the recipe for your pasta dish - sounds delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, I think the blood thing is completely nasty and hilarious at the same time. I can't reconcile my feelings with regard to that part of the movie, which, by the way, makes me feel like a total prude. I definitely think that is more of a guy movie, but is still cracks me up. Chuck bought it before we saw it, and I was really dreading the idea of owning this stupid movie, but it is pretty funny and I'll probably suggest that we watch it again sometime.

    About the baby in the umbrella stroller, I figure most parents would figure it out that the baby can't be in there, especially if the baby is crying like that. As a stranger, I don't feel comfortable telling a stranger how to handle their children - hell, I don't feel comfortable telling my friends or family how to handle their children, but I know what you're feeling. On the other hand, I will totally step up if I see someone leave their kids or the dogs in a hot car. That really sets me on fire. I'll call the police on them in a heartbeat. Fort Worth just passed an ordinance that allows any citizen to break open a car to save a pet's life - isn't that great? I figure if you're stupid enough to leave your pet in your car then you deserve a broken window.

    Can't wait to try the pasta!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html