Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

Ok, so its a day late, but we were busy yesterday!

The 4th of July parade at Zach's school was quite a treat on Thursday. His infant room's theme was the Olympics so baby Z was dressed up in sweat bands, a gold medal, cool visor and decorated t-shirt. The babies were all on the 6 kid buggy and lookin quite surprised to see all the parents there waving flags and snapping pics as they were wheeled by. It was pretty cute and I video-taped it. Perhaps I will be cool and try to figure out how to upload it so can you laugh along too. It was quite amusing. The teachers all did a good job though and I enjoyed Z's 1st parade. Reminded me of my days participating in Cypresswood's annual parade and decorating my trike or bike or truck or whatever we were riding in that year. Seriously. It was such a big deal. We were SO excited armed with our crepe paper, shoe polish, and flags to decorate our mode of transport. I was usually with Kelly and her fam as her grandma lived across the street so they were always in town for the 4th. I look forward to when we are in a neighborhood and Zach is participating like that! :)

Yesterday we spent the afternoon, errr, all day and into the early morn, at the Senior Labbe's house. They were in Canada so we had the run of the mansion. The babies LOVED the pool and I think Z could have stayed in all day. He was so chill in his little floaty inner tube. Too cute! We laughed thinking about what a different 4th it was from 2 years ago when we were at Becky's mom's house and enjoying the pool. The only 2 babies back then were Alex and Jack so there was much more debauchery going on. Yesterday there were our 7 babies, plus 3 little labbe's, plus a set of twins and 4 more babes in utero! So quite the different afternoon. But alas, babies do go to sleep and there were baby monitors on(and don't worry, there were responsible adults there such as myself in case the babes woke up!).....so the after dark party was back to the old school ways with some entertaining antics of Allison on the slide, giant cannonballs off the diving board, and keg riding in the pool (to which Amy was the BY FAR champion!). We rolled on home around 12:30 and left with the image of B still trying to ride the keg unsuccessfully ;)

All in all it was a really fun afternoon and I wish I had that pool at my house! Perhaps we will take Z to our boring pool tomorrow for some more fun. We also had a promising showing yesterday as we were headed out the door. But when I checked the comments, they were undecided due to some of the less savory establishments off of Westheimer. Come on people, its Houston. If you want to live in town, that's just part of it. UGH. Its always something. We have another showing this afternoon. Someone make an offer! Lots of lookers...no takers :(

Anyway, I digress. So far its been a good 4th weekend. Later this evening we are headed to the Crellers for some more 4th fun. Debating see if my mom felt like sitting. I don't want to have to put Z down somewhere else again just to wake him up and move him. He was SO good yesterday and I don't know if I want to put him to the test again!

Hope you are all enjoying your extended weekend. Take a moment to remember our troops both here and abroad and say a little thanks for the freedoms we enjoy here in America! :)

Toodles!

1 comment:

  1. That party sounds like so much fun!! I'm still impressed that you spend so much time in a bathing suit in these early post-partum months. But perhaps if I lived in Houston....

    naaaaaaahhhhh...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html