Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday Shopping

Mom and I headed out with the Z Man today for some shopping! There is a children's resale store that I wanted to check out in Copperfield (there's one at Willowbrook too) and it did not disappoint. I could have bought a lot more I am sure but currently, I am trying not to toy overload while still in this house. No where to hide stuff when prospective buyers come a knocking. I got a Leap Frog Learn and Groove Musical Table which goes for $45 at Toys R Us for $22!! What a buy! Looks brand new too. I also got the F.P. Laugh and Learn Puppy for $5! He doesn't even look gently used, looks brand new. Zachary really likes the puppy too. He was all open mouth smiling when puppy was singing "head, shoulders, knees and toes!" Everything is sterilized and repackaged. I will definitely be going back but Mr Man was ready to go. Rox, they had exersaucers there for $30-$45! I almost called you to see if you wanted me to get you one, but they didn't have the one like Becky and I have and I couldn't decide which one you would have wanted...

So once back in the car, Zach conked out so we headed to BRU. I needed some formula and wanted to return the baby gate we bought for Austin and never used. BRU won't take returns now unless you have a receipt which I did not have with me. ARGH. Not even for store credit! Oh well, I put it back in the car and we shopped anyway. I bought some spoons and stuff to be prepared to start solids. Makes me kinda sad. He is growing up so fast. I think I will wait till 6 months though so a couple more weeks. Did you do Rice Cereal?? And if you did, for how long?

Anyway, back to shopping. We got a high chair too. Ended up going with the evenflo Majestic. Its a little bigger than the Chico Polly that I had registered for, but I thought the tray came off easier, its a little taller, and I liked that the leg separator was in the chair not the tray. Don't ask me why! Got a few other odds and ends as well. I had $10 off coupon and a 15% off plus formula coupons AND had gift cards for the entire purchase!! WOOHOO! And found out I still have like $150 left. I will be able to put that towards the convertible Britax which I think Z will be ready for sooner than later. His little feets are getting really close to the end! I need to see how tall he is. MAX is 22lbs and 29 inches.

So got loads of stuff and only actually spent about $30 of my own money today. Go me! :)

We had a great time at Katie's birthday yesterday too. Zachary enjoyed his first party. I cannot believe Katie is already a year old though. Time flies when you are having fun! I will post pics on that later. Off to feed Master Zachary and something for Matteo and I as well!

3 comments:

  1. thanks Lisa!! I will have to start shopping for the saucer soon, I really think both kids will like the one that you and B have.

    We started with Rice cereal, worked out just fine with Alex.

    I also like the leg seperator in the seat vs the tray. I never used the straps to buckle alex in, and this way I could take the tray off and go back and forth to the sink while he was in the high chair...and the leg seperator kept him from falling out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We started out with cereal and Caroline did just fine with it. She still gets it at dc for her
    b-fast with fruit. It wasn't until just recently I stopped serving it at dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aday_Lady says-
    JP hated the cereal- the stuff you mix yourself anyway. He loved the stuff in the jars with fruit $$$$ he played with "eating" for a month. He caught on at 7 and aI fed him dinner consistently then.

    As for the Britax- that is all just recommended. To face backwards- he can go in it now. JP faced forward when he was 10 months and 18.5 pounds- whatev. He lived and enjoyed it. My sister talked me into that they publish the requirements for the general public and one pound or a couple months of age make no difference. My doc agreed- as JP. Facing forward is so much more fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html