Monday, August 27, 2007

Rain SUCKS!

All I can say is thank GOD I live close to work today! My friend Kerri and I decided to get out for lunch and got attacked by the flash flood that occurred around noon today. Rain was flying sideways about the size of ping pong balls yet we decided we could make it from the parking spot to the cover at the shopping center. Boy were we wrong! After getting out and starting to walk towards the restaurant, in less than 30 seconds, we were drenched. Not just wet, but DRENCHED like I got in the shower in my clothes! So, we ran back into the car to get out of the rain. Kerri lost her shoe along the way and had to get back out to go get it. HA HA! She looked like a raccoon with mascara running! So the only option was to head to my house and clean up cause i could NOT return to work this way. Luckily Kerri and I are good friends too so she didn't mind borrowing a t-shirt and shirt to wear while we threw our clothes in the dryer. I literally had to re-dry and straighten my hair. It was like I took a shower. But, in the 15 minutes or so of doing this, it has all completely stopped raining and not a cloud in the sky! Isn't that the way it always goes? ;-) So, we went to lunch anyway in our soggy shoes and damp pants after it was all said and done. It doesn't sound as funny in writing as it actually was but it has had me giggling all day!! Do I really want to move to the burbs after that? HA!

1 comment:

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html