Thursday, August 30, 2007

No More Wonder Years

Ok, so The Wonder Years has always been one of my all time favorites show but I think it may be in my household's best interest if I stay away for the next 5 hormonal months ;-) The title of tonight's episode was "Private Butthead", who would be crying at that? I am sitting here crying about Wayne failing his physical to go into Army while the great narrator voice of Kevin Arnold describes the bond between a father and a son. Wonder Years is great at verbalizing those poignant moments in life and watching this father and son moment just brought me to tears. I know they say how little boys love their mommies, (which is proven by retailers carrying all kinds of little boy clothes with "I Love Mommy" on them) but I am SO excited for Matt to have that father-son experience. He has a great relationship with his dad and I can't wait to watch that relationship grow between Matt and Zach....or Mark....or James. No matter what the name, I know he is going to make a great daddy! Although Matt may be a tad tardy at times and a bit obsessive-compulsive, he is a man of great strength, character, faithfulness and integrity and I know he will do his best to pass all of these things and more on to our children!! Oh yeah....and a love of sports too! ;-) I can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. I get very emotional too! Remember my CRAZY lizard story!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html