Thursday, March 27, 2008

Zach is a rockstar and mommy is insane...

So I do not know what I was thinking today...I think it was the desperation speaking, I went and took my son to the hair salon today..... I needed the full do too, highlights and hair cut, as the last appointment I had was the week or so before Zach was born so its been at least 2 months. For those of you highlighters out there...know how your hair can stretch it and stretch it and then you wake up one morning and you have 2 inch roots? That's what happened to me.

So anyway...we went. I fed and changed Z before we took the 40 minute drive to get to the salon (yes, I know, insane. I have been with Bettye for like 5 years now and when she moved out to Humble I followed because we all know how hard it is to find a good stylist...especially one that can do both your cut AND highlights!) AND...a quick aside, I do not have good luck with the diaper changes before heading out the door. Today I heard toots as we were packing up so I of course wanted to change him before getting on the road. Well....apparently he was not done because as soon as I had the diaper off and was working on wipies, I looked back down to a big pile of POO on the changing pad. And oh wait...here comes the geyser too! Amazing we did not get any pee or poop on either of us, just the pad, so life could go on.

Zach is great in his car seat for the hour and a half of foils getting on and such and JUST as it was time to rinse, he started talking and I knew it was time to eat. I wish I had a camera for the rest of this. I hurriedly made up a bottle and ended up feeding him while my head was back and I was getting my hair washed and rinsed and he was a CHAMP! Then back to the normal chair and he sat in my lap looking around while Bettye cut and dried my hair. She was so great being understanding with us for feeding and diapering and kept telling me to relax cause I was so stressed about him freaking out and bothering people. Everyone just thought he was really cute and luckily it was all women in there at the time so if he was screaming, I think everyone would have been understanding. Anyway, I so totally appreciate her letting me bring him and allowing me to get my hair done. I seriously feel like a new woman.

And speaking of that too, I had my 6 week post partum check up yesterday and am all good. I was excited to learn I was actually 4lbs lighter than I was at my 6 week pregnant check up. Now to start working on taking off the weight I gained over the year of fertility treatments. WOOHOO!

So that's what's going on in the world of Wittliffs. We have had a tough couple of days with fussiness but think we have decided its a growth spurt as the kid just wants to eat, so we are feeding him more frequently and it seems to be helping! And praise the Lord for the swing! Man, it is a lifesaver! Thanks to Kevin and Sabra (my bosses) for that, it is definitely his favorite soother!

Matt will be at the NCAA games tomorrow night and Sunday so I am up to my own devices, whatever will I do?!? :D

3 comments:

  1. way to go!! you are a super mom already and I am happy to see that you and Zach are both capable of adjusting so you can get things done for you, too! He is a great baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are wonderwoman!! The only place I ventured out to when the twinnies were that little was the Starbucks drive thru!!

    We need more Zach spam on here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a brave mommy!!! that is when i would be calling for the babysitter! sounds like you have some help from your son, though! hope to see you soon with MG!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html