Monday, March 10, 2008

Daylight Savings and Babies Don't Mix!

I am pooped today. This whole time change thing was not fun last night. Z Man has moved from being fussy around dinner time to bedtime! We feed around 10pm and then usually get fussy from 11-midnight. Well since infants don't get the whole daylight savings thing...that became fussy from 11 to 1am! Like I said, I am tired. I would get him calm, get up to move to bed, and screams began again. We also have noticed little guy is more hungry and ready to move up on his bottle amounts too. The good thing is, he will sleep for about 4 to 5 hours at night which I am quite impressed by. I think he went down finally around 1am and was up around 6am or a little before. Not too shabby!

Today Zach is also FOUR WEEKS OLD! Oh my goodness, where is the time going?? It still seems like just yesterday he was in my belly! He is a good baby so far still. The normal cries and fussy times but usually fairly consolable. We enjoy our morning cuddle times a lot. Zach eats around 6-7am and then he comes in bed to cuddle with me until the next feeding. We chat, cuddle, snooze, etc. Its during this time where I think I have started to see a little smile coming out while we are having our face to face time! I cannot wait to see a full fledged one!

Anyway, its a rainy dreary day today so we are just cuddling up on the couch today watching Birth Day on Discovery Health. Makes me cry every time when those little ones pop out!! This lady just had her baby without any medication. Ouchie. Good for her, but man was I happy to have that epi! I could feel PLENTY at the end so I cannot imagine how it would have been without the epidural. The next lady chose the epi, my kinda girl. Her anesthesiologist is blabbering to the TV crew all about the epi and its effects...poor lady has a look on her face like "shut up doc and just give me the darn drugs!!" I think she is even laughing some about this babbling doc!

Well I had planned to maybe go out today to BRU for some supplies but this weather isn't baby conducive so we will probably just stay in. It can wait till tomorrow. Hope everyone has a good Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html