Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy 3 weeks, Z Man!

Well, we have survived 3 weeks!! Gave my little man some extra hugs and kisses (if that is possible) at 4:14pm today. Unbelievable that he is almost a month old?!?! We had a good but very busy weekend.


Friday we ran errands and Auntie Al was over to help me with shower food and well and Gin and Jeff for a short visit. Saturday was the baby shower for MG and a big success. And Sunday was Sweet Caroline's baptism. She looked beautiful and it was very neat to be a part of welcoming into her Christian life. We did have to laugh though that Zach's first trip to church was to a Catholic church! ;-) Amy and Thomas had a lovely reception to follow at their house. All in all, a great weekend!

However, Z was a little fussy today. I think our schedule was all off. My mom called while he was being "fussy" and laughed as she basically told me, "You haven't seen fussy!" Apparently, I was VERY fussy as a baby. Imagine that! ;-)

So tonight I am missing out on the ladies' trip to see Tim McGraw at the Rodeo. We bought our tickets in Jan before Zachary was here and I thought I would be up for it. He may have been okay with Dad, but after our busy weekend and him still being little, I opted in better interest of staying home. I know the lovely ladies are having a good time though but there will be other times ahead!

Friday we are going to go take some family pics. Probably just portrait innovations since they seem to do well with the friends without spending several hundred dollars. I am so excited to have a family portrait and of course get Zach's announcements out. I cant wait!

And finally........after the many responses of "he is SO Matt", Grammy-Gram, aka Donna or Matt's mom sent me some pics of Matthew as a baby. My folks are still in FL for Astros Spring Training so I will post those when she gets back...but for now, I will leave you with Matt's baby pics. So, what do you think????


*3week hippo pic coming tonight after bath!

8 comments:

  1. Amazing how you were able to pop an exact replica to Matt out of your body. Now try for a girl and see if she looks like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he does look just like matt in that first one!!! i can't wait to see what he looks like as he gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty close to a little Matt clone! It's hard to tell if they have the same coloring since the old photos don't show that very well. Thanks for sharing, that was fun to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that Zach is just beautiful (and Matt isn't too bad looking as a baby either).

    Rest up mama, I can't believe how busy you've been!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! he is a MINI MATT! so sweet! they look the same! love it!
    it was great to see ya'll this weekend. keep me posted on when you want visitors! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like a carbon copy to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does he seem hungry? He is due for a growth spurt - aren't they approximately 3 wks, 6 wks, 3 mos & 6 mos? If so then pour yourself a big cup of water & camp out on the sofa & nurse all day. Hopefully daytime tv will be good tomorrow! :) Also, I hate to tell you this if you haven't already read it somewhere, but most babies (ok, maybe not JP ;)) get fussier as they approach 1 month b/c their digestive systems are changing (in layman's terms). Good news is it won't last forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you called it ashley...he is both!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html