Thursday, March 13, 2008

Dirty day!

Yeah, today was one of those days! We had a showing on our house and it was supposed to be from 12:30-1pm so around 12:15 I was trying to get out the door with Zach and Esther and decided to do a quick diaper change before we headed out. Well what would have been a routine change turned into a whole outfit change! ;-) Just as I got the diaper off...we had a fountain! However he didn't get me...he got himself! That's right, he peed in his eye! Poor little guy tinkled on his face! I had to laugh even though I probably shouldn't have. So we did a quick face wash and outfit change (of course pee got on that too) and out the door we went. I have yet to be peed on by Zach, or at least not directly. He has peed out diapers and onto me but never squirted me in the face yet!

So anyway...we had resolved to bath tonight after the tinkle experience. Fast forward a couple hours to a feeding time. All was going well and resting after eating when all of a sudden...BLAH. Not just a little spit up, but a whole liquid gush. I was taken by surprise too because a) we don't have spit up too often and b) if we do, it is usually preceded by crying and a burp. This one came out of nowhere. Z was laying there quietly and blah! All over me, him, and the boppy. Good thing we were bathing today! And to top it all off, during feeding...we had tooting. Good juicy toots so we knew a diaper change was due too. Went upstairs to clean up after the spit up and do a diaper change....and OH MY GOODNESS. This was a first. The poop out the back of the diaper. I actually had to call Matt in, I had never seen such a thing. Out the top and back of the diaper, all over the onesie, all over Z...my oh my. So this now called for immediate bathing. My son had now peed, barfed, and pooped ALL over himself all in one day!

Anyway, it was almost comical. You just have to laugh. This is our life as parents now! Funnier even cause Zach was not upset about this at all. There was not a single tear or cry during this time! All in a days work for the Z Man! I'm sure there will be more adventures to come soon!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been officially 'initiated' into motherhood!!!

    I am still wearing at least 2 outfits a day myself due to the puke factor. . .although we haven't had a diaper blowout in quite sometime!

    And just a word of unsolicited advice ;), we always had blowout issues right before needing to move to the next size of diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep..sounds like days at our house a few months back!! And ditto what Mary said about moving up to a new size! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sheesh, i hope not girls! i just bought a 216 count box of size 1 swaddlers! they said they go up to 12lbs and sure he is not even over 9 yet! perhaps i should weigh the dude before I open the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I was cracking up, I feel your pain. Danny loves to pee all over himself, us, and the pediatrician. Good times. :)

    About the diapers... we use Pampers Swaddlers and have already had to move up to the next size even though he still techically fits the weight range of the smallest size. (He's 9 lb 3 oz now.) We have a bunch of extra newborn sizes now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh I definately feel your pain! Noah once peed in his mouth when he was a baby... poor little guys!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html