Saturday, October 13, 2007

Stupid Stairway Strikes Again!!!!!!!!!!

So, we come home all excited about purchasing our new furniture for the nursery and pull out the measurements to confirm everything would fit. Crib-check! (its comes unassembled) Dresser-check! Hutch-check! Big comfy swivel rocker glider chair mommy was in love with---NOT CHECK! All 3 dimensions are bigger than the width of the staircase. So I cried. Stupid house. This is not the first time this has happened (aka- The master bedroom headboard fiasco which one day we will get to put to use once we move). I called Linda, our wonderful sale person and friend of the family, to put a halt on the cool big comfy swivel rocker glider chair mommy was in love with. Looking on the Best Chair website at other upholstered recliners, I don't think any would fit? Matt measured the door frames upstairs and now we aren't sure even if we got it up, that it would fit through anyway?!?!? So, back to the drawing board. I guess I shall return to Baby's 1st and find another chair. Just out of curiosity, if any of you are bored, measure your door frame. Ours is 31" and the smallest dimension of the chair is 36". Would it even fit if in another house????

And the Aggies lost. No surprise, but that makes for a grumpy daddy. And a grumpy daddy with a sad pregnant mommy isn't always fun ;-) But on a happy note, I love our crib (Thanks Mom and Dad!!) and our hutch combo and am excited for when those come in. I took pics so I will post when I get them off the camera. I thought the nursery was in part done, but looks like we aren't quite done yet!

1 comment:

  1. I hate your stupid doorway!!!!! I think it's time to move!
    I can't wait to see your new furniture :)
    love you and miss you.
    let's hang out soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html