Sunday, October 21, 2007

24 weeks and a busy weekend!

Whew, I think we just finally sat down about 30 minutes ago. We have been go, go, go!! We are trying our best to get this house in shape to put on the market!!

So Saturday morning the repair guy flaked. We were supposed to meet him Friday night for a quote, he cancelled only after Matt called him to confirm the time. Then he was supposed to come Saturday morning. Matt went to go meet him, he never showed, so he called and the guy cancelled again. ARGH. Sooo...Matthew and I decided to give things a go on our own.

I know it may not be a big deal to most of you, but we replaced a faucet. Now, as you all know, Matt and I are NOT handy. We hire painters, plumbers, etc. But, with the dude flaking on us, we decided to try! Well, the main thing we learned is, we can do it! Takes awhile but it can be done. The other thing we learned is, this house is old! Replacing a faucet in a newer house would be easier because the parts are all the same. But with this house, all the parts are old and its like a puzzle making old and new meet! But I am proud of Matt, he did it! He had issues along the way but figured it out and we now have one new bathroom faucet! One down, two to go! Now that he has done one though, we think the next two will be easier!

Here is a pic of the old one (this is Matt's bathroom but looked the same)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here is the NEW one! How shiny and pretty!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

While all this was going, I went on a cleaning RAMPAGE! Zach's room is now cleared out and ready for nursery furniture! We will leave the regular furniture in there until his stuff comes in but closet and dresser are now all cleared out! WOOHOO! I have also gotten rid of mounds of clothes. It is ridiculous. I had so much stuff, some of which hasn't been worn in years, all in varying sizes of course. Insane. Needs to be bagged up. Also got rid of shoes. And you know how I love my shoes. But it was time. My feet probably won't fit into some of them anyway so it was time to let go of those I wasn't totally in love with.









































I also shredded about 3 bags worth of old bills, pay stubs, etc. It was liberating!

But one question for you faithful readers out there. CD jewel cases! In the world of MP3 players, what do you do with the dang jewel cases? Do you keep them? Throw them away? Put them in storage? We seriously probably have like 1000 empty CD cases. I say throw, Matt says store. Any input from you readers out there??

Oh, and we ordered faux blinds. Any tips for hanging? We didn't quite get to that yet....Is this something that we can do on our own??

And last but not least, what does a 24 week pregnant lady look like you ask? Well, took a couple shots before church this morning and here is the answer!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Love that shirt, you look great!

    I also loved reading "Zach's room", it is so nice to see the Wittliff family grow. All warm and fuzzy now, thanks :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are one hot mama! you look fabulous as a pregnant girl! i can't wait to see more pics and see you in person.:)

    as for the jewel cases, please tell matt he is crazy and you are tossing them. as if we all don't have enough stuff to lug around with us throughout our lives - i think the jewel cases should be the first to go! out with the cases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are adorable!!!!!!!!! love the new faucets too, i'm so proud of ya'll! :-) ok, now get looking for houses in cypress! love ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute in that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all...you look beautiful! I am a bit emotional seeing my oldest friend pregnant!! I love it!
    It seems like yesterday we were playing at the park, dressing up, playing with barbies, pretending to be so grown up! how time flies! I can't believe that was 22 years ago! wow
    As for the shoes and clothes....send them my way! :)
    and for the Jewel CD case...TOSS IT!
    let me know if you need any help with anything around the house.
    love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. correction!!! it has been 25 years now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, thanks ladies!! You gals are the best!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html