Sunday, December 21, 2008

Our house is a land mine!

The boy is walking now, several steps at a time! And getting more and more adventurous every day! The boy is smart. He is figuring out that if he can climb onto one thing, it will aid him in getting up higher to the next thing! We have his little Anywhere chair backed up to our ottoman in the game room and has figured out that he can climb onto the ottoman and then onto the couch or whatever else he wants! He is getting taller too and things that little hands used to not be able to reach are getting closer and closer to being grabbed!

Z Man also figured out the wine tower today too. I was in the kitchen and then all of a sudden I heard a crash. I don't think the bottle broke when he pulled it out but prob when he picked it up and banged it. I walked in and he was sitting in chardonnay. Luckily no glass was on him at all or even near him....just pants that smelled like wine. Obviously he had to be changed before we went to lunch so social services didn't get called on us!

Hmm, what else has Z man broke this week. Oh yeah, he beheaded this cute wooden like Christmas goose I had by the front door. Picked him up and banged him and his head broke off. Need to take a pic of that. And he broke the old IKEA floor lamps we have in the game room. He has a fascination with knocking them over and since they were plastic (yes, they are old like from college hence they are cheap!) it didn't seem like that big of a deal but now one is dead and not working.

So basically nothing is safe with the Z Man around....how long does baby proofing last? ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I was feeling bad that Bean is still not an expert crawler (he army crawls) and he's far from walking... but your stories make me grateful for a few extra months of peace. :) I'm glad he wasn't hurt by the wine bottle!

    We did take Bean to see Santa back in November. He actually did great -- I was *SHOCKED* that he didn't cry. I posted the picture on this entry: http://sunnyinseattle-cadh.blogspot.com/2008/11/survivor-michigan.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big zach is getting!!! he is just precious! i hope you all have a wonderful christmas together! kisses to all

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Walking just in time for Christmas! Good luck baby proofing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html