Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Lights

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is the Christmas lights!! I just LOVE the twinkling and the beauty of the lights. I love driving around and looking at other people's yards and ooohing and ahhing over some and wondering "what the heck?" about others! After 4 years in the town home, we never got to put lights out so I was very excited this year about doing the yard. And I think I expected others to be so excited to have us in the neighborhood and that they would know of my love of lights that they would all be decked out to the nines! Well, that is not the case. I am one of very few in our section of the subdivision with lights out!! But I have noticed its not just our section too. What gives people? Is it the economy? A disinterest in the holiday? Who knows? But I wish more people had lights out! Anyone else notice this in their area of town??

I am proud of my work with the lights as a first timer so I will try to post some pics soon!

3 comments:

  1. I love lights too!! We are not putting any up this year though and that makes me sad. Thomas had to study all of this weekend for his finals and has been sick every other weekend this month, so he has not had the time to do it. Although our neighbors have enough for the both of us...feels like we live next to the Griswalds!! We also have yet to go driving around and enjoy/criticize everyone's lights. Thomas is a bit particular about what he likes/dislikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be the economy. DH was talking to a coworker of his who lives in our subdivision (we are mandated by the HOA to put up decorations, if you remember). The coworker was saying they probably won't enforce that this year, because of the economy and the high cost of electricity. Too bad that the recession has to affect everything, even down to holiday decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put up lights for the 1st time ever this year..I love it! almost every house on my street has lights. It is beautiful...(although there are some houses that look ridiculous!) This is my favorite time of year-- from Thanksgiving and Christmas. It is especially nice when the weather actually feels like winter!! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html