Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the night before Christmas......

Well last night it was twas the night before the night before Christmas.....and that is when the Babies Bloch decided to arrive! I am So excited for Kari and Steve and cannot wait to meet these precious miracles!! Congrats and Happy Birthday Lily and Dylan!!

Last night I also decided to head to the grocery store. We are having Christmas Eve and Christmas dinner at our house. I bought my yummy ham during lunch yesterday so main course is taken care of but needed all the other fixins!! So after I finally heard the news of the twins arrival I decided to head out. It was about 830 so I was thinking it wouldn't be too bad. Well, apparently a lot of other people had the same idea. All and all people were in pretty good moods, but there was slim pickins on some items already! Like O Brien potatoes! THERE WERE NONE! Actually, there was one Kroger brand one I found mixed in with the french fries so I snagged that one. Mom is going to her store to get another bag so we can make our dish. Apparently potato casserole is a popular Christmas dish!!

I also think I may have had my most expensive grocery bill ever. Do you know how much your most expensive bill was?? The funny thing is it didn't even phase me but my sacker was like WHOA! HA! In my defense, I had about $125 in gift certificates (the best idea ever...selling all those different ones at one store!), 6 bottles of wine, case of Miller, 12 pack Fat Tire, and about 20 jars of baby food....along with all the other holiday staples needed for the meal itself. Needless to say, it wasn't cheap. But I got all the stuff that will keep me from going to the grocery store for the rest of this long holiday weekend!!

So anyway, it is now Christmas Eve and we decided to sleep in til 6am this morning since the drive would be super light and no one else is working. I stayed up late but got meal ready for tonight and some wrapping done that will hopefully make tonight a little less stressful. We are trying out a new church tonight too. We LOVE our church, but now that we moved, getting downtown with a wee one is not always the most practical of things. Their earliest service was 730 so that would put us leaving at least by 645 to get a good seat, and then prob not being home till almost 9. We have decided to venture out and found a Methodist church close to home with a 6pm service. We will be home in time for Z man to get to bed at a decent hour!

My wish for you is to have a most wonderful Christmas with your family and friends and remember the reason for the Season is Jesus! It is because of Him that we are here to celebrate today! Enjoy the time with your loved ones and have a very Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I'm interested in advertising on your blog http://growingby2feet.blogspot.com/. At the moment, I'm looking for intext links. Do you write paid posts? How much does it cost?
    My website provides information on credit deals and ways to manage one's finances.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Please, contact me on barbara@acclaimnetwork.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html