Thursday, December 18, 2008

Holiday Annoyances

The one bad thing about the holidays is the crowds and what seems to be an increase in stupid people mulling about. Some of these things always occur but just seem to be intensified during the holidays!
#1-Not enough registers open. Seriously, Target has 24 registers...and 4 are open. I don't understand this? There are lines 10 people deep, other sales people wandering around, and yet only 4 checkers? Why not open some more? And if you are short staffed, hire some more people! I am sure there are lots of people who needs jobs. This same thing goes for the grocery store....12 registers.....3 open. argh.
#2- Jaywalkers. I am not sure if they are as prevalent where you are as they are in Houston but they drive me insane. There are people crossing the middle of Westheimer carrying babies or pushing strollers or maybe even just being stupid on their own. Why can they not take the extra 20 steps and go to the light? Not only are they putting themselves in danger running across 4 lanes of busy traffic but they also cause traffic issues by doing so! Is it laziness or stupidity...or maybe a combo of both?
#3- Bad drivers. Enough said.

I am sure there are more but those are my top 3 from my jaunt out at lunch! What drives you crazy during the holidays? :)

1 comment:

  1. That Christmas picture of Zach is TOO CUTE!! I love that outfit!!

    The worst thing about the holidays to me is when the credit card bills comes in January. :)

    But honestly, this year there haven't been many annoyances for me. I did my shopping early or online because I had to mail everything. However, I don't like how I can't do "normal" shopping because the mall and the grocery store are always packed. Where are all these people the rest of the year?

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html