Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Spirit is still out there!!

We had a great day off yesterday!! Zach and I went to breakfast with Kerri and then off we went to the mall for some Christmas shopping (which I am happy to report I am nearly done!!). We had a quick stop for pictures with Santa in which he did great! Had his usual big open mouth smile and once he even noticed Santa was there, was more fascinated with the beard and glasses than scared at all. He took a nice long snooze in the stroller for me to finish my shopping too. I had one last stop at James Avery which is outside of the mall....and decided to press my luck and try to get it done since I was already out. Wow, we walked in and there were at LEAST 30 people there if not more. Zach was nearing the end of his limit of shopping and I was about to throw in the towel when I got a tap on my shoulder. (note-when we walked in they were on #90 and I pulled #33 so that was 40 numbers before my turn!) It was a young man about our age who said something to the extent of "you look like you need this more than I do...I found someone to watch my little man today...Merry Christmas!" and handed me his #2!! By this time they were up to #98. I waited all of 5 minute, got my merchandise and me and Z were home in 15 minutes just in time for a bottle! What a nice guy! :) Reminds me to be nicer and how much a simple gesture can mean so much to people!

2 comments:

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html