Sunday, June 22, 2008

ZZZZZZZZ for the Z Man!

Thanks for all the comments on the sleeping, I think tonight we may try the CIO for 10 minutes and see what happens. I think usually I jump right up because I don't want him to wake Matt too. I also took Theresa's advice...I think he may be chilly? I had him in his sleep sack last night and he only woke once about 4am and the paci put him right back to sleep! So we shall see....will give it more of a try this week. And tell me more about this HSHHC? What's its shtick? I know Ferber is CIO, so whats this one all about? I suck at reading baby books...I need cliff notes!

I also think he may for real be teething. His hands and whatever else he can get his hands ON are always in his MOUTH! And the drooling! Z was tuckered out from his big baptism day today and was fussing while Grammy-gram had him so I decided to pull out the Oragel. Holy smokes, batman, he was chill in like 30 seconds!?! Is it possible? He seems so young still but I have read some can get teeth as early as 3 months! So I shall be watching this a little more closely. One question, the Oragel says not to use for more than 7 days. Don't babies teeth more than 7 days??

We are watching Scrubs right now and Dr. Cox and another one the docs were talking about their baby's stats...apparently this child had a giant head in the 90th percentile and the other doc joked that it was like the Hamburgerler. This made Matt and I laugh! We are happy Z is proportionate at least for now! ;-)

Earlier today we were watching the gymnastic thingie for the Olympics.....did anyone else notice how many of the girls had their dads as their coaches? Did anyone else find this odd? I mean, talk about PRESSURE! The world of gymnastics is tough enough without your dad barking down your throat, aka Joe Simpson and Mrs. Lohan.

And on a final Zach note, he was such an angel today! I swear, a little boy could not have looked sweeter on his baptism day! We so enjoyed having all of our friends and family there to share in his special day. I will post more on this tomorrow with pics as it deserves a post of its own! And people, you did not eat or drink enough...Matt and I are going to be having dinners made out of fajita meat and chicken ALL week! So if any of you are hungry or feel like a Miller...come on over! I'll make you up something good and you can have a Miller or two while you wait!

Alright peeps, the Z Man just finished his bottle. Time to put the munchkin down for the slumber...and me and Matteo too! Adios!

6 comments:

  1. J started teething at 3 months (at least he showed all the signs), but he didn't get his first tooth until 7 months. He wasn't fussy for 4 months, though, it would just come & go. Sorry I missed the party yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry i missed the baptism - i know it was a beautiful event and can't wait to see the pics. and so glad you are on the road to more restful sleep! i know mandi's daughter started teething right before she was 4 months, so definitely possible. zach must have sent paige some let's wake up and make noises because i was in paige's room about 4 times trying to get her quiet. and the child wasn't hungry, when i finally picked her up (on the 3rd time because i am stubborn) she fell right to sleep on my shoulder so i put her back in her crib, but it wasn't long before she was up again. i finally gave in at 6 and just took her to bed with me because i knew she would sleep and i am tired. i am such a sucker!

    let me know it goes letting him cry it out. we let paige go for 15 minutes (but just when we put her down the first time). post the pics soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the hamburgaler comment is hilarious. Our friends Tim and Stephanie have two daughters. The first one has a huge head - I'm not exaggerating. It was so big that they had to run tests to make sure nothing was medically wrong with her. Of course, she was also almost 12 lbs when she was born and the second one was over 11 lbs, but not quite as big. Kate's head (the older one) is still way off the charts and they can't buy any hats for her or hoodies because they won't fit on her. It is funny and sad at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard from the dr that teething should no affect sleep, and it did not with alex, but i know the temp does for sure. Also, HSHHC is the book that made me crazy, it is extreme and made me think that if alex did not get 16 hrs of sleep a day then he would become metally disabled. I still swear by Babywise and the Baby whisperer. Can he put himslef to sleep on his own without a sleep prop (rocking, paci). I get my kids drowsy and put them in bed awake with a paci, but if it falls out, I try not to put it back in. The key is that they learn the skill of falling asleep on their own. HSHHC would tell you that you may be putting him to bed too late...they suggest a bedtime of 6:30!! May hold some truth...i read them all, let me know if you want to borrow any books. Reading too much will make you crazy though :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Roxy, reading too much on baby books will make you crazy. I didn't read a single one. I did read a lot of parent magazines at first, then I stopped. I figured out that my kids and I can communicate better than anyone else can communicate with them. Alora was like Roxy's kids, but my boys were the ones who needed help sleeping.
    Not to disagree with your doc Roxy, but teething did affect my kids. At one point Mr. Shaw kept trying to turn the radio down so we could talk, but it was really Shawn screaming that was bothering him. I don't think we could buy the oragel fast enough!
    One last note, during bath time, Kris would take the wash cloth and rub it on the kids' gums with pressure. I thought it would bother them, but actually it helped the teeth break through. Of course, now all the teeth are falling out ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!

I want to be able to reply to you...make sure I can by following this simple tutorial! :)

http://www.thehouseofsmiths.com/2011/01/tutorial-how-to-let-me-reply-to-your.html